shape
carat
color
clarity

Bean bags for 10 yo

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter wants a bean bag for Christmas.
somehow they all are either for 1 year olds or adults - because nothing says adult like a bean bag. Also they seem to have terrible reviews. Is it just because bean bags suck? I mean that’s what I remember - but you know what you’re getting into.
I need one around 30 inches (less than 34)
I’d like to pay less than 100 but I’m flexible. I’m not buying a lovesac, tho.
I’d like it to be washable but I’m not married to the idea.
Please help if you have had one your kids liked please share

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few of them from Pottery Barn Kids or Teen. They come in two different sizes and an assortment of colors for the covers. I’ve purchased the covers separately when I wanted a change. My kids love them. They prefer to sit on them rather than the sofas. Right now we have two in the basement, one in my bedroom and another in my daughters room.
I can’t remember the price but they always go on sale.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are photos of my kids on them. For reference my son is 10 and my daughter is 12. These are the bigger size. I had the furry covers but bought these pink velvet ones off eBay. 97461968-684A-48CB-8D5E-21106681EAD7.png FE278A7E-0312-4731-8B43-5958EB68AA6B.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bean bags are great fun for kids (and pets)
I remember my sister and i both got them for christmas in the very late 70s and we got a ton of use out if them
I do wonder now if mum made them ?

You can probably buy a pattern down your local fabric store
many years ago now inbetween hardwear stores i worked in a fabric store and i remember one of the pattern books having bean bag patterns
you could provably find one suitable just by googerling

Apart from putting in the zip its very basic level sewing
if you don't sew ask a relative to help
its not rocket science and you can have so mucg fun choosing fabric

at my last hardwear store we sold bags of bean bag beans put out by our polysteryn insulation supplier

Its best to fill the bag in the bath otherwise you are hoovering up beans for Africa for months afterwards

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bean bags are great fun for kids (and pets)
I remember my sister and i both got them for christmas in the very late 70s and we got a ton of use out if them
I do wonder now if mum made them ?

You can probably buy a pattern down your local fabric store
many years ago now inbetween hardwear stores i worked in a fabric store and i remember one of the pattern books having bean bag patterns
you could provably find one suitable just by googerling

Apart from putting in the zip its very basic level sewing
if you don't sew ask a relative to help
its not rocket science and you can have so mucg fun choosing fabric

at my last hardwear store we sold bags of bean bag beans put out by our polysteryn insulation supplier

Its best to fill the bag in the bath otherwise you are hoovering up beans for Africa for months afterwards

Oh sweet D&D I will not be sewing anything lol. Just asking for beans everywhere!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh sweet D&D I will not be sewing anything lol. Just asking for beans everywhere!

Tell me about it !
(That's why you fill the bags in a bath tub)

I made a cat beanbag and after a bit of outside use as a day bed by dear Tinky i desided he might like it washed.
However a tiny bit of my stitching came undone inside the washing machine
Everytime i did a towel wash for about two years i had very clean beans turning up

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @Niel I can't help but just want to say I am a bean bag fan.
We loved bean bags and they are so much fun for kids.
Have you tried Amazon?

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 6.54.56 AM.png

Late seventies.
Good times.

Hope you find a good bean bag for your kids.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Through the years we have had everything from Walmart to Pottery Barn (nice bean bag quality 15 years ago).

Right now we have three bean bags....

Yogibo - these are really nice and have lasted a long time, even bought refill beans (a mess). One we have had for over 10 years.

Lovesac - I love the cover and two years ago when it was new everyone was fighting to sit in it including the dog. Really nice but after two years it needs a new refill, the cover is still perfect.

Oh and Costco bean bags were a complete disappointment had to return them.

Good Luck.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece just sent me a reply text saying that she's been happy with the bean bag chairs she got for her (now 9 and 11) two kids last year from Lands End; the LE cover's zipper and the stitching she thought were noticeably better than on the bean bag chairs she first ordered from two other sources and then returned.
I just checked the Lands End website & the bean bag inserts and twill covers (6 options) are currently 60% off with promo code QUALITY, so the price for a complete chair would be just $55.96.
P.S. Based on the one 3-star review under the bean bag cover listing, seems like you'll want to avoid the denim cover because the dye bleeds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results