shape
carat
color
clarity

bead set in white gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
is it more likely that I would lose a melee diamond if it was set in white gold. The cost of doing platinum is prohibitive for the type of band i am looking for(eternity style) and seeing that there is barely any metal going to show (just diamonds) I don''t want to pay double for platinum....but are my stones going to be at more risk?

thanks in advance!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont like bead set in any metal.
Prongs or channel are much safer.
Your much less likely to have problems with them.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
hi strm- maybe i am confused i though bead set was similar to prong set. I guess to investigate the difference a little more now - thanks for the input!

TLS

Shiny_Rock
i actually think it might be prong set and i might be confusing myself :)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Is this an example of Bead Setting? Is that also known as Pave?

bluebead.JPG

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi TL1,

I have a white gold setting that has diamonds bead set on the sides. I am not the easiest person on jewelry, especially rings, but I have not had any problem to date. I have been wearing this ring daily for over a year now. That is not to say that I won''t have problems, I just haven''t to date. I felt that the small bead set diamonds were small enough to replace easily and the bench jeweler that I have access to does really excellent work, I just haven''t worried about it. I love the bead set look.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feydakin,
Hmm your opinion is different than Iv heard from others.
One of the biggest problems with bead setting is getting damaged in ultrasonics.
Is it a case of a lot of them not being done right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results