shape
carat
color
clarity

"Bead set " diamonds = glued?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have a diamond band with different sized stones and some of the very small diamonds are said to be "bead set." Is this different than pave? It looks to me like there are tiny metal prongs in between the diamonds. Someone told me bead set really means the little dimonds are set with glue. Is this correct?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO! Bead set means there''s tiny prongs holding the diamond in their "seats". No glue!
29.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 1:17:05 PM
Author:Green with Envy

I have a diamond band with different sized stones and some of the very small diamonds are said to be ''bead set.'' Is this different than pave?

The term "pave" is used for bead set diamonds closely grouped together, giving the appearance that the surface is "paved" with diamonds. If it''s a single row of diamonds as opposed to many diamonds clustered together over a surface area, it would be referred to as just "bead set", instead of "pave'' bead set".

And no, bead set does not mean glued.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeew now I''m just picturing my e-ring being put together with a glue gun
14.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! The reason I asked is I put my ring in my ultrasonic cleaner on the regular setting and one of the stones fell out. I was told it was my fault because you are not supposed to put glued stones in the machine!!!
33.gif

Luckily I have the little stone so if I ship it back to the original jeweler, I assume he will put it back in and check the other stones if they are loose.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it wasn''t a jeweller who told you that it was glued.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results