shape
carat
color
clarity

Baume et Mercier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd like to give this to my fiance for his birthday and for his tremendous support over the last few years. Thoughts? (Concerned PS pals, I've budgeted for this.)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that watch, it''s such a classic. Can''t go wrong with that!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh,
What does your hubby wear?
Btw, how''s the cleanup?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is a nice stately watch to wear with a suit. My husband has one, it has the coin edge on the bezel. He wears it with a suit if he has meetings and does not want to wear a sporty watch...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 1:30:49 PM
Author: Harriet
Kaleigh,
What does your hubby wear?
Btw, how''s the cleanup?
Oh god the clean up has been one big PITA. Hubby is away on business, so I have done most of the cleaning up. Our driveway was plowed last night, but it was still sleeting so I had to shovel again this morning. Hubby wears a two tone Rolex that I bought him for his 40th birthday, he is 46 now. He has a watch similar to the one you are thinking of for your hubby. I forget the make of that watch, but it was his father''s and he loves it. When we got married 20 years ago I gave him a stainless Rolex, Air King. They were cheap in those days. He has passed in on to our son, who loves it. Guess the city gets cleaned up quickly huh???

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rolexes used to be cheap?!
At least you got a good workout.
2.gif

Btw, are DF and Kaleigh the same person? Your posts seem to come simultaneously.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 2:06:39 PM
Rolexes used to be cheap?!
At least you got a good workout.
2.gif

Btw, are DF and Kaleigh the same person? Your posts seem to come simultaneously.
Haha, no, but we do think alike, hehe.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that''s a very nice watch! My husband has a 2 tone B&M that he has had for many years and he wears it quite often. It''s always run with no problem and keeps very accurate time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classic and beautiful man''s dress watch!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 3:54:42 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
It''s a sharp classic look. My style
2.gif

Great choice!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com
Do you know if anyone has had problems with the strap? Someone on another board said the laminate came off the crocidile leather.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Harriet:

It is classic looking. I am wondering how old your husband is, simply to know if the style will match the man. I really like alot of the rose gold watches that are popular right now, but wonder about the trend factor in purchasing.

Are you considering any other watches or gifts?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Moosejaw,

He's around thirty, but has older man taste. So, a classic look would work. I'm set on getting him a watch. Like me, this will be is first good watch. Is there anything else you'd recommend?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet-
I think that''s a lovely watch and it''s such a classic wedding gift.
I gave my hubby a Concord watch as a wedding gift- I wanted to have it delivered to him before the wedding but it didn''t happen so I presented it to him while we were eating dinner- it was really a sweet moment- and it was cool because everyone was eating and we had our own little moment in front of everyone- but no one really knew what was going on. He also never had a "nice" watch before. I went w/ a stainless band- not as dressy I know, but he can be really hard on stuff (he should probably replace his wallets once a year!) and I knew he would destroy a leather band.

Since our b-days fell the same weekend as our wedding I also gave him monogrammed sterling silver cufflinks- I was going to go w/ Tiffany, but the jeweler in my hometown was able to do the engraving to match monogram to the font combination we used on our invites and put our wedding date on the back as well. Small detail, but I thought it was really cool. My mom also had them engrave our joint monogram & wedding date on the sterling knife we used to cut the cake. Again- very small detail, but cool to me.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Harriet,

I am 30 myself...and like classic looking things as well, that stand the test of time. Pun not intended.

However, I don''t wear a watch, or much in the way of jewelry. I don''t even wear my wedding band, due to my work.

That watch must be fantastic since you have great taste, so I will take your word on it...he will be very excited I am sure.

-G

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dtnyc,
How sweet! I'm afraid I don't have your attention to detail, as special as they can be.

Moosejaw,
If I have "fantastic taste", that's only because we share a penchant for tsavorites.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, that watch is beautiful and classic, you can''t go wrong! I love to see beautiful watches on men''s wrists--to me it''s like a gorgeous diamond on a lady''s hand...I always check out men''s watches, although it''s hard to get a good look sometimes, but at least they''re larger than diamond rings so you can sort of tell by the band and bezel what someone is wearing!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad news. The FI is "not terribly excited by it."

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 9:38:11 PM
Bad news. The FI is ''not terribly excited by it.''

What does he not like about it?
I asked my now husband what he liked in watches- like Roman or Arabic numerals? chronograph, date, etc? leather or stainless band (gold was not in my price range and I know it''s not his style)
He always admired his one friend''s HUGE watch, but I explained that wasn''t v. dressy (he''s in B-school and going into finance) and that a huge watch isn''t right to wear w/ suits, etc. Eventually I got an idea of what kind of watch he would like and bought around that type/style- he left the brand up to me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure he knows.
33.gif
He's a fussy dresser (takes him longer to get ready than I do). I'm glad I sent him to check out the watch first.
When does your hubby start B-school? Is he excited about going into finance?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet- he is finishing up @ the Smith School at Univ.of maryland- not tremendous finance program there- hence why we are ending up in Annapolis, Md and I have to leave NYC!
39.gif

I am packing up and it''s awful! I hate moving and I love the city & am v. sad to move!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to lose you too.
5.gif
Is he looking forward to his job, though?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
He is looking forward to his job. I don''t know what I am going to do there- but I will find something.

I am tempted to go work in a high end jewelry store for the summer just to pass the time!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results