shape
carat
color
clarity

Bath day ❤️

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
These are all of my 1+ pieces. (I have a few bands and a couple “dainty” rings, too.) It felt like a good time to take them out and give them a nice refreshing bath. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

How often do you do a bath day? And do you do it as you wear them or all together at one time?

AEB823C9-65B5-4C63-B5C8-2FD0782F1B28.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! Back second on the left & front left are swoonsome! :kiss2:

I clean my jewellery every couple of days, usually by taking it all off & giving them a soak & gentle clean with a baby toothbrush. I do have an ultrasonic, but I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't used it since last summer. Shameful really, given I wear my studs & pendant 24/7.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Every single night I put any piece I wore in the ultrasonic. I don’t sleep with any jewelry on and it’s just a part of my routine. Your rings look gorgeous!!! I love how beautiful and sparkly they are!
I never slept with rings on (swelling) until I got Sophia. Now I don’t wanna take her off. And I’m scared to us my ultrasonic after having a tiny diamond pop out of an earring during cleaning. I’m so nervous it’ll happen on a bigger piece.

I frequently give whatever I'm wearing that day a dunk and brush in a jar of cleaner. But if I had those beauties, giving them a bath would be fun!

I clean the pieces I wear before I put them on most times and then occasionally take them all out and give them a bath. And thank you!
Beautiful rings! Back second on the left & front left are swoonsome! :kiss2:

I clean my jewellery every couple of days, usually by taking it all off & giving them a soak & gentle clean with a baby toothbrush. I do have an ultrasonic, but I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't used it since last summer. Shameful really, given I wear my studs & pendant 24/7.

AF6D6929-AF76-410A-8B38-843BAA0241D9.jpeg

These two? That pear is my pride and joy, for sure. My biggest venture into having a piece made. I don’t think I could ever part with her.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never slept with rings on (swelling) until I got Sophia. Now I don’t wanna take her off. And I’m scared to us my ultrasonic after having a tiny diamond pop out of an earring during cleaning. I’m so nervous it’ll happen on a bigger piece.

I clean the pieces I wear before I put them on most times and then occasionally take them all out and give them a bath. And thank you!

AF6D6929-AF76-410A-8B38-843BAA0241D9.jpeg

These two? That pear is my pride and joy, for sure. My biggest venture into having a piece made. I don’t think I could ever part with her.

I remember your thread on the pear & how I oggled! My pear has languished in her box since I got my dream Tiffany in October. I feel sad for her, as she's damn near perfect. One day i plan to reset her, and your beauty just goes to show what an amazing jeweller can do :kiss2:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Every day when I wear them and come home, I take them off and off they go for cleaning. I never put micropave in an ultrasonic as I too have lost melee many times. I just use a combo of make up brushes such as lipstick brush and eyeliner brush they tend to get into the tiniest places. Use Dawn rinse, dry, that’s it.

Lesson learnt. Not long ago a client brought in an old piece he wanted to scrap, it was a sapphire and OEC / rose cut diamond collier. The sapphires looked too good to be true but also the metal and stones were so dirty in the ultrasonic the piece looked like an exhaust fan. Never seen anything like it before. After cleaning the most amazing antique piece emerged. I told my client after deliberating that I am not willing to scrap that collier as it really was a masterpiece and kept it while trading stones to his project. But sadly some rose cut melee was lost during cleaning and it is almost impossible to replace. So after this latest I will always clean differently or at least not be stupid enough to dump the black water in beteeen cleanings. This is what happens when you are in a hurry and don’r use your brain.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all of my 1+ pieces. (I have a few bands and a couple “dainty” rings, too.) It felt like a good time to take them out and give them a nice refreshing bath. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

How often do you do a bath day? And do you do it as you wear them or all together at one time?

AEB823C9-65B5-4C63-B5C8-2FD0782F1B28.jpeg
Beautiful collection!! I give mine a bath as I wear them. I can't stand it when my diamonds don't sparkle! LOL!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing collection!

I clean whatever I’m wearing (which tends to be the same two rings) on a daily basis with Dawn and a toothbrush, I don’t own an ultrasonic. Lately I’ve been cleaning the baubles with Simple Green and boiling water. I’m a clean before you wear type, I clean DH’s rings before we go out but that’s only once a week :roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every day when I wear them and come home, I take them off and off they go for cleaning. I never put micropave in an ultrasonic as I too have lost melee many times. I just use a combo of make up brushes such as lipstick brush and eyeliner brush they tend to get into the tiniest places. Use Dawn rinse, dry, that’s it.

Lesson learnt. Not long ago a client brought in an old piece he wanted to scrap, it was a sapphire and OEC / rose cut diamond collier. The sapphires looked too good to be true but also the metal and stones were so dirty in the ultrasonic the piece looked like an exhaust fan. Never seen anything like it before. After cleaning the most amazing antique piece emerged. I told my client after deliberating that I am not willing to scrap that collier as it really was a masterpiece and kept it while trading stones to his project. But sadly some rose cut melee was lost during cleaning and it is almost impossible to replace. So after this latest I will always clean differently or at least not be stupid enough to dump the black water in beteeen cleanings. This is what happens when you are in a hurry and don’r use your brain.

Isnt this just how some of us learn our life lessons :(2 :lol-2: ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear mine in the rain
does that count ?

I drive in the rain so that cleans the car! Actually if I wanted to be really smart, I could send the kids out in the next rainstorm with sponges and buckets…..cheaper than a car wash :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clean all of the jewelry I wear every day after I take it off. I can’t stand my jewelry being dirty!

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I only have a couple pievces and I only wear my engagement ring and my diamond studs every day. I scrub it every night with Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush. Once a week they go in the ultrasonic.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clean all my jewelry after every wear, so the pieces are clean before storing them.

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
I only have a couple pievces and I only wear my engagement ring and my diamond studs every day. I scrub it every night with Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush. Once a week they go in the ultrasonic.

Do you find there is a noticeable difference when you clean with an ultrasonic vs Dawn dish soap? I clean my studs every day with jewelry cleaner or Dawn and they seem pretty clean and sparkly when I'm done. I've resisted buying an ultrasonic because I just didn't want one more thing on my countertop, but if it really makes a difference I'd consider getting one.

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
Do you find there is a noticeable difference when you clean with an ultrasonic vs Dawn dish soap? I clean my studs every day with jewelry cleaner or Dawn and they seem pretty clean and sparkly when I'm done. I've resisted buying an ultrasonic because I just didn't want one more thing on my countertop, but if it really makes a difference I'd consider getting one.

I do! It seems to get into all the nooks and crannies that the brush might miss.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results