shape
carat
color
clarity

Barsky Jewelers Philadelphia, PA

How would you rate you Barsky experience?

• Excellent, No problems. Got exactly what we wanted.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Good. A few minor problems, but i was happy with the service.

• Acceptable. more problems then expected, but finally was taken care of.

• Unacceptable. Too many problems, and unacceptable work.

• Totally dissatisfied. Would never use them again.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lauratabs

Rough_Rock
Please tell me about your experience with Barsky Jewelers

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Laura I haven't personally dealt with Barsky Jewlers but I have a friend who purchased an Engaement ring and wedding band from them and they are beautiful. She had nothing but good things to say of her experience with them. Are you looking to deal with them and if you do end up with them let me know how your experience goes I am looking for a custom jewler, I am about an hour from the city so alittle reluctant, I would rather find a local jewler but would be willing to make the trips if that is the best option.

lauratabs

Rough_Rock
Ugh, my Girlfriend had such a bad experience with them. She posted her story on this site if you want to read it. It's under my account, but it was her headache!! search Barsky Jewelers, and you can read it. There are also a few other complaints there. Just FYI!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Very good to know! Sorry she had a bad experience, this is why I am reluctant!!!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
I can't find your girlfriends story!!!

lauratabs

Rough_Rock
type Barsky into the search field and hit enter. It's under Barsky Jewelers Philadelphia PA Any bad experiences? All the way at the bottom.

lauratabs

Rough_Rock
type Barsky into the search field and hit enter. It's under Barsky Jewelers Philadelphia PA Any bad experiences? All the way at the bottom.

Nathan Barsky

Rough_Rock
My Father help your friend. We resolved her problem. I know I am not the only store that has had a problem. I feel like someone is out to get me on this site. I have sold thousands of rings, even car companies make a lemon once in awhile. Jewelry is decoration it is not meant to be abuse. 14ktw gold can turn a little yellow 2 months on someone or 1 year on someone else. Platinum is a strong metal but it scratches and dents and bends more than 14ktw. These are the problems I have. When someone is a 3rd grade teacher and works with thier hands all day lifting and painting and writing, of course a ring can bend or scratch or dent. Prongs can chipp or move. I wish I could make rings indestructible. I love working on cars, it is my favorite past time.( usaully I am on car forums) I take off all my jewelry when I am twistin wrenches. A poll has been introduced about my store. My family 105 years selling diamonds and I am the only store on this site that has a poll. I am happy that with the internet education can be spread. I am not happy if the the power of the internet is used for evil. I have resolved all 2 problems or complaints and will always be here to do so. Please try to mention why people come to my store, good pricing, family feeling and comedy. Yes comedy my grandfather 5 feet tall yelling at everyone, to generate the window. My 4 foot grandmother being mean and trying not to give out parking vouchers because she is cheap. My father who is mood swing king and feels he has worked enough in his life,but is funny as anything. My shop that does not speak english. Really all three shop guys speak different languages, when they talk to each other nobody has any idea.( thats where problems start) My sales staff are the funniest crew you could ever see. Ray the tall slimy guy, Ron the pushy guy, Chris the designer guy, Rick where do I start guy. Me the guy that tries to keep everything together and everyone happy(including my wife) I wake up every morning excited to go to work because it is the most fun I have ever had in my life. I am tring my best and I feel my store offers a quality product with quality interaction. Please everyone on this site if you come to my store and ask for me. Thanks I know this is an old thread but it kills me to see a unhappy person or store. Thank you I feel like I vented. Now I wont have to see my shrink.
2.gif

Des1302

Rough_Rock
I wanted to say that I am in the process of dealing with Nathan Barsky on a diamond and I am getting an excellent deal. He educated me very well and told me what i should be looking for in a diamond and I''ve been looking all over the Tri state area for a diamond and out of all of them he was the most knowledgable and friendly and most of all he had the most diamond, which made it easier to find the exact diamond i wanted. He''s also giving me a great deal and is very cool and nonchalant and is not trying to get me "put money" on the diamond before i walk out the door. He went over what i should be looking for what he has and what he''ll offer and told me that is what you should look for and walked me out as if he was just taking time out to educate someone on diamonds. I have a very very high respect for Nathan. I can''t speak for anyone else but the atmosphere was friendly and I didnt feel pressure at all. I was dealing with another well known jeweler down on the row and they were helpful but tried to screw me at the end cause I wanted to back out of the deal which i though was slimy and very unprofessional. They lost my business plus business of my two brothers and a friend of mines that are looking to get married. I will be sure to recommend them all to Nathan because he''s a descent guy and if you dont like something and wanted to back out He''s the type that would give u your money back without any question. I dont know what negative things people are saying but Im having a great experience dealing with Nathan and I think he''s a stand up guy. I look forward to completing this deal and hopefully purchasing wedding bands as well.

gritsforbreakfast

Rough_Rock
I''d like to share my experience with other users of this site about Barsky''s. First, regarding their selection and quality. I''ve been to many jeweler''s in my life and will honestly say I''ve never seen a wider selection of diamonds and settings. Hands down, they have some of the most beautiful jewelry I''ve ever seen. Price? Well, while I didn''t exactly feel like I got a bargain, I was happy with the price and my fiance was able to choose what she wanted. You rarely get something for nothing. The staff? Mixed. The gentleman who originally handled my purchase was exactly that, a gentleman. He answered all my questions and helped me choose a beautiful stone. If I could recal his name right now I''d recommend him in a heartbeat. Now the down side. We picked out a stone in February 2005 and put $$ on it. I had requested the option of making several payments on the ring and setting over the course of a few months until I took possession of the ring and was told this would not be a problem. Over the next few months, I spoke with a person at Barsky''s (I know who it was but will not mention the name here), who tried to pressure me into making additional and larger payments than I was prepared for at that time. This person was, frankly, rude, demeaning and seemed to be trying to humiliate me. I picked up my ring in October, well within the time I was originally told I''d have to pay for it and was treated cooly to say the least. There was none of the thanks I received when I originally chose the ring. The ring was definitely received as promised and is beautiful however, purchasing an engagement diamond is part of the experiencing of asking someone to spend their life with you and in that sense, I feel something was taken from me. There was no "warm fuzzy" when I left their store that day. So what am I saying? Well, if you can walk in, pay for your ring that day and then walk right back out with it, I''m sure you''ll be delighted in your purchase. They''ll thank you profusely and pull out all the stops to get you to come back for something else. For me, never again. I''ve received better customer service and more respect as a customer at Wal-Mart.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm....You have one person who yells at everyone, one person who is too cheap and mean, one moody person, a shop that can''t understand each other, one pushy salesperson, and a slimy guy? That doesn''t sound like a place I''d want to do business. If you are trying generate business and prove that you''re a nice shop, the description of your store did the exact opposite for me. If I were you, I''d change the way you describe your store to potiental customers.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes our english words do not translate well. This is obviously the case here. Go back and read that once again. You won''t find correct use of grammer, or correct use of words. You should decipher a man with keen interest in attempting to communicate in our language. His intent was to introduce himself and the REAL personalities that make his store unique. His store is not filled with elite Rodeo Drive YES men...but real people. Family people. Our language is the most difficult to learn and utilize correctly, if not your native tongue.

I agree with him, that individuals with "Evil" or malice intent use the internet as a way to freely post negative sometimes baseless claims with out consequences. If you that are the author of these negative words, have merit, would you take the same effort in expressing your words if you were paying for the ad in a local newspaper? Knowing these words will cost you $75 a day...? Are you willing to stand behind your derogatory words in court? To verifiy that infact what you have written has merit and is not simply slanderous and baseless? I think we should all take responsiblity for the extent we are willing to go for satisfaction.

Just my 2 cents...and a few more added for impact.
35.gif

DKS

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
nevermind
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results