shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry''s Namibian Tourmaline set sold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
TO ME! Hehe. I''ve been looking at them, and looking at them, and looking at them. And now they''re going to be mine! I''m so excited!

The set includes three tourmalines, slightly bluish green in color. The stones are 7.1, 5.6, and 5.1 mm round brilliants. 7.1mm is just short of flawless, and the two smaller ones are flawless at 10x according to Barry.

Wheeeee! I have big plans for these babies!
36.gif
30.gif

t-1540g_2150_detail.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I have one of it''s friends coming!! Well, the total toddler of the bunch anyway! Congrats! What are your plans?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! My plans thus far are to make the two smaller ones into lever back earrings, and the larger one into a ring. I also have another Barry tourmaline coming to me from Freke that i''m going to make into a pendant.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 5:55:31 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
Thanks! My plans thus far are to make the two smaller ones into lever back earrings, and the larger one into a ring. I also have another Barry tourmaline coming to me from Freke that i''m going to make into a pendant.

Ooh, which one is she sending you?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 5:37:37 PM
Author:redfaerythinker
TO ME! Hehe. I''ve been looking at them, and looking at them, and looking at them. And now they''re going to be mine! I''m so excited!

The set includes three tourmalines, slightly bluish green in color. The stones are 7.1, 5.6, and 5.1 mm round brilliants. 7.1mm is just short of flawless, and the two smaller ones are flawless at 10x according to Barry.

Wheeeee! I have big plans for these babies!
36.gif
30.gif

I''m SO glad you got those! I loved them the first time I saw them up on his website - but can''t spend right now. They''re just gorgeous!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:06:59 PM
Author: karee888
Date: 4/14/2009 5:55:31 PM

Author: redfaerythinker

Thanks! My plans thus far are to make the two smaller ones into lever back earrings, and the larger one into a ring. I also have another Barry tourmaline coming to me from Freke that i'm going to make into a pendant.

Ooh, which one is she sending you?

Is this the green one she had just put up for sale?

ETA: Dang girl, you are going to have a fab green tourm jewelry set! So jealous!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Those are really nice and I think leverbacks is a great idea! I want some too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I can''t wait to see what you do with all of these! You''re going to have one amazing green tourmaline set!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! I''m blushing over here. I''ve never owned something that people here were jealous about. Very nice for the ego.
1.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
They are gorgeous! So glad a PS''er got them
1.gif
I bought a malaya suite that Barry had last month, like you I am going to do a ring and earrings. That green is amazing - please post pix when you get your stones, and congrats!
36.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your new purchase!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I don''t meant to discourage you but just want to share with you the following - in early March I actually purchased this tourmaline set at ACS site and told Barry excitedly about my plan - a pair of earrings with a matching pendant. Here is what Barry wrote me:

"The two smaller stones in this set are not close enough in size for earrings. You might want
to rethink this purchase. These stones could only be used in a pendant, a bracelet or one
very large ring. I just think you should know this before having me send out these stones."

I have always trusted Barry''s judgment and so he refund my payment without sending out the set.

However, I felt that 5.6mm and 5.1mm might not be that visibly different at all when you wear them on the ears. So your plan may still work! I am sure they are gorgeous. Again, here is what Barry said about them:

"These stones are just outstanding. They have virtually no extinction and are super bright.
I was taking a jewelry class being taught by the man who owns the store I''ve been cutting
for since ''81 and was working on a 3 stone pendant to put them in. Well, I broke the wax
I was carving(I''m a real clutz with waxes) and I never got started on a new one. He was a
little mad at me because I didn''t want to break up the set and kept them at home. I put them
on the site because I thought somebody who''s going to make a competition piece might want
them."

Please let us know when you got the set and lots of pictures!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
yingh: I had that thought myself. But I think that it might not be so bad.. I was actually thinking of taping them to my ears to check it out. lol. If earrings don''t work for these stones then I will just have to find some other spectacular use for them!
1.gif

And I will definitely take loads of pics when they come in!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I think the 5.6 and 5.1 will be fine for earrings since they will be so far apart from each other. I really can''t wait to see! Have you been practicing your camera skills???

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe depending on how you set the earrings you can try to minimize the size difference? Maybe some artful bezelling?

In any case, it''s a beautiful set! Can''t wait to see pics!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Well I have a big head. lol So I think they''ll be sufficiently far apart. My father always said that I should be glad to have a big face because then I could always find work... like Vanna White from Wheel of Fortune. Apparently she was hired because she had a big face. Now I can add, keeping earrings further apart to the list of big head pros. Also... I have my ears double pierced and on one side, the holes are noticeably closer together. Maybe I can make post earrings out of them and put the smaller stone on that side. Ideas ideas

And yes Freke... my camera skills are honed and ready. Finally I''ll have a stone that won''t reflect my green camera too much!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, an instant jewellery suite. I hoping that once set as earrings, the huge gap aka head betweem the stones will make the size difference less perceptible. Also, I''ve heard about the bezeling technique when the smaller one has a slightly thicker bezel while the larger one has a slightly thinner bezel. The overall effect makes both stones look of equal size!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
chrono... i''ll definitely keep bezeling them in mind. I think it would look really good.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they are gorgeous! What a fantastic set you''ll have!!
30.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DandiAndi! They shipped out today and I could maybe have them by Saturday! WHEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results