shape
carat
color
clarity

Barqoue silver akoyas or a graduated white strand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a strand of Freshadamas; I absolutely love them...but I keep wearing them! All the time! I can''t make myself stop; I''m wearing them as we speak. So I thought it might not be a bad idea to invest in another day to day strand.
27.gif
Right?

So..

My top two choices are either baroque silver akoyas, or a graduated white strand. What do you guys think?

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Baroque akoyas! I think these will give you a completely different look and add much to your daily wear.

I like graduated strands and will definitely be buying one in the near future but since I have a beautiful strand of white pearls, I am adding more colors and types of pearls before I go with the graduated white.

You truly can''t go wrong with either choice! They will look lovely on you but if you are anything like me, then variety is the spice of life!

Wear them in good health!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hehe JT I knew that''s what you would say as soon as I saw you had replied! Its funny how you get to know people you''ve never even seen, or had a real conversation with!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 5:19:48 PM
Author: szh07
Hehe JT I knew that''s what you would say as soon as I saw you had replied! Its funny how you get to know people you''ve never even seen, or had a real conversation with!
Oh no!!!!!!!!! I''ve become predictable in my advancing older years....
31.gif

I''m just anxiously awaiting the pics when you do decide. And I so want a strand of Akoyas as well as Tahitians but the budget right now only allows for freshwater... That is probably why I truly voted for the akoyas - to live vicariously through you...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Tough choice, but I''d probably go with the akoyas for the same reasons already mentioned.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Hehe JT, I thought that you might like the baroque strand because you seem to have an eye for the unique.

Kelli, didn''t you have a lavender graduated strand from PO?

I first became absolute enamored by the untreated akoyas when I saw someone on another site purchase a strand that was not baroque. I love the steely look of them.

But, I''ve also always loved the classic look of a graduated strand. Oh dear...
33.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
yuuuuum silver akoyas!!!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 6:49:33 PM
Thanks guys! Hehe JT, I thought that you might like the baroque strand because you seem to have an eye for the unique.

I first became absolute enamored by the untreated akoyas when I saw someone on another site purchase a strand that was not baroque. I love the steely look of them.

33.gif
szh07, I was just over on Pearl-Guide, is that you that posts over there w/ the same screen name? I am "IslandBound" there...

I do like the unique and I think P-G has fostered that!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yup, its me! I like/love pearls more than any other gemstone I believe. I watched a PBS program on the process of culturing pearls when I was 7 and have been in love ever since. I just love how organic they are, and I love natural pearls. I bought a natural pearl stick pin recently that has since gone missing in my house.
8.gif

Anyways, I love PG, but it seems much less active than PS, which is probably why I post on here much more often. Also, I think PG is a little bit harder to navigate, though they are certainly a treasure trove of information!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 6:49:33 PM

33.gif
I do have a graduated strand from PO. They are beautiful and I really like them, but I was a smidge disappointed with them at first because they were supposed to be gem quality and there are a few small flaws. I decided they were too pretty to send back though. Unfortunately, I wear sweats or dance clothes for my job and STILL have yet to find a place to wear them. Also, if I ever get another graduated strand I''ll probably go shorter than 18" just because they''re a bit long on me. They look good with lower necklines though!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I agree, PG is less active but, as you say, when they do post, the members are extremely knowledgeable about pearls. And own some beautiful strands! The members there are also very nice.

Are you on the TPO mailing list? They are having their July pearl sale tomorrow starting at 9:00 AM Central. As I mentioned in another thread, we have not always had the best of luck w/ their sale pieces but it is always worth looking at!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yup, I am! I was excited they had their multicolor akoyas on their sale page, but I wish they would have the multicolor akoyas on a bracelet, a pair of studs, or a pendant on their sale page as well. Something small and reasonably priced to be able to see them in person. Have you ever seen them?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of the silver/blue akoyas but i haven''t had a great experience with them. If you want the akoya''s, I''d call first and make sure to tell them the color you''re looking for. Otherwise, you may get a much more grey''silver strand like I did.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Have you thought of pairing them with super casual clothes? I think they would look so chic with dance tights!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 9:16:02 PM
Author: elle_chris
I love the idea of the silver/blue akoyas but i haven''t had a great experience with them. If you want the akoya''s, I''d call first and make sure to tell them the color you''re looking for. Otherwise, you may get a much more grey''silver strand like I did.

Thanks Elle! I agree, calling in definitely makes things way easier and makes it more likely that you''ll get exactly what you envisioned.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love pearls too! I think if you already have a basic freshadama strand that baroque akoyas would be a fun addition. I like the multi colored akoyas too but don''t know anyone who has them. Maybe you could make the graduated strand your next purchase after the baroques?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I wish those multicolored akoyas weren''t so expensive!! I''ve only ever seen them at TPO. I would loveeee to see multicolor baroque akoyas!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 10:04:04 PM
I wish those multicolored akoyas weren''t so expensive!! I''ve only ever seen them at TPO. I would loveeee to see multicolor baroque akoyas!

I agree! Those would be gorgeous!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 2:55:05 PM
Author: innerkitten
I love pearls too! I think if you already have a basic freshadama strand that baroque akoyas would be a fun addition. I like the multi colored akoyas too but don't know anyone who has them. Maybe you could make the graduated strand your next purchase after the baroques?
I have a strand, and you know me!
9.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 10:04:04 PM
I wish those multicolored akoyas weren't so expensive!! I've only ever seen them at TPO. I would loveeee to see multicolor baroque akoyas!
I'm pretty sure TPO offered a few strands for their Christmas sale last year.

I've also seen the multicolor akoyas in a jewelry store in Cleveland (random, I know) a couple years ago. It had this antique enhancer attached to it.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 12:55:08 AM
Have you thought of pairing them with super casual clothes? I think they would look so chic with dance tights!!
LOL thanks:) I don''t know though, most days I literally just wear cut off sweatpants and tank tops or tee shirts. I''d feel funny! Plus I wouldn''t want to get them all sweaty and nasty!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 2:18:39 PM
Author: brightlight
Date: 7/27/2009 2:55:05 PM

Author: innerkitten

I love pearls too! I think if you already have a basic freshadama strand that baroque akoyas would be a fun addition. I like the multi colored akoyas too but don''t know anyone who has them. Maybe you could make the graduated strand your next purchase after the baroques?

I have a strand, and you know me!
9.gif

Why doesn''t this strand of multicolor akoyas have its own thread yet?
31.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results