shape
carat
color
clarity

Baroque Dyed FW Edisons- Oh Wow

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could not resist this strand for $30 from QualityBeadMart on Etsy. Smaller than I usually like at 8-10mm but much more Tahitian like than I have seen before. It continues to amaze me how nice these pearls are becoming and the price point compares to a department store faux pearl fashion strand.

il_1140xN.2908243668_pp89 (1).jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharp luster!

I know right? And the smooth skins and adorable shapes. I usually avoid dyed FW pearls because IMHO many of them have a "fuzzy" appearance under close inspection, as if lint or dust had adhered to the pearls. I don't see that with this strand so it seems the dying process is improving.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great gift!

Thank You. My best friend is always thrilled with gifts of pearls. She is truly an amazing woman who deserves nice things but rarely buys things for herself.
I wish I had your eye. What a great find! Your friend is sure to love them.

Thank you for the nice compliment. :) I was told once before I had a good pearl eye which comes in handy when buying from Etsy and buying pre-loved. I will share my secrets.

Save the picture of the item you are considering. Magnify the picture so you can see flaws. De-saturate the color and contrast by at least 20% in case the seller has enhanced the picture. That may be the color and luster of a gemstone or pearl strand at its worst. Now increase the contrast to look for any flaws that may have been hidden in the original photo. Now you have a pretty good idea of the best/worst case scenario of what you may receive.

Also- when buying pre-loved think about your pearl pics. In my experience most of my pics have shown lovely lavender pearls to appear as grey, and lovely pinks to appear as beige. I adjust color/midtones on a seller's pictures to get the background to what I think it should be, and then I see what is probably the real color of the pearls.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you told me those were Tahitians I would think “of course they are”.

If you weren’t you, and you told me those weren’t Tahitians, I would think “well, she just doesn’t know what she’s got - and some really rare colours too!”

Those are the most Tahitian-esque FW I’ve ever seen! And they’re glorious!!

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Thank You. My best friend is always thrilled with gifts of pearls. She is truly an amazing woman who deserves nice things but rarely buys things for herself.

Thank you for the nice compliment. :) I was told once before I had a good pearl eye which comes in handy when buying from Etsy and buying pre-loved. I will share my secrets.

Save the picture of the item you are considering. Magnify the picture so you can see flaws. De-saturate the color and contrast by at least 20% in case the seller has enhanced the picture. That may be the color and luster of a gemstone or pearl strand at its worst. Now increase the contrast to look for any flaws that may have been hidden in the original photo. Now you have a pretty good idea of the best/worst case scenario of what you may receive.

Also- when buying pre-loved think about your pearl pics. In my experience most of my pics have shown lovely lavender pearls to appear as grey, and lovely pinks to appear as beige. I adjust color/midtones on a seller's pictures to get the background to what I think it should be, and then I see what is probably the real color of the pearls.

Thanks for sharing your pearl wisdom. It's greatly appreciated!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bestie and family is coming over for St. Patrick's Day dinner. I have finished the necklace for her. I included two pictures because I have found that dyed black pearls can appear flat and black at times. I don't know if the dying process is getting better, or if dyed, bead nucleated pearls respond to the dye differently. But my eyes and the second picture shows the pearls at their "flattest" color and I think they still look beautiful.

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg

Last edited:

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
My bestie and family is coming over for St. Patrick's Day dinner. I have finished the necklace for her. I included two pictures because I have found that dyed black pearls can appear flat and black at times. I don't know if the dying process is getting better, or if dyed, bead nucleated pearls respond to the dye differently. But my eyes and the second picture shows the pearls at their "flattest" color and I think they still look beautiful.

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg

So pretty!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8942.jpg

Your bestie will love them :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results