shape
carat
color
clarity

Barmakian Jewelers in New Hampsire anyone?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Interesting because I had considered Barmakian's before I found PS. Haven' t heard much more on them until the last two months, and both things have not been good.

One of the women I work for has just gone through a divorce, and she went to liquidate her engagement ring. She was surprised and dismayed to learn that the diamond was laser-drilled!!! which had never been disclosed during the sale. Yikes.

Three weeks ago, I went to the Nashua store myself to look for a simple gold wedding band for Rich......how hard could that be? While I was waiting, a young man and his attorney came in. They were there to make a final demand for a full refund on a misrepresented ring. It turns out this guy bought the ring in December and took it for appraisal. While the center stone was accurate, the side stones were of markedly inferior quality than originally represented, and there was dissatisfaction with the condition of the prongs. They learned this when it went to the independent appraiser, and his attorney had a file full of documentation to back it up.

This kid told me his fiancee was just devastated....they've been trying to get a refund for three months and have gotten the run around. His fiancee has been ringless. His lawyer said part of why they were making a public stink about it was on principle....they said he found out there are at least 3 other open claims against them.

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
I am so amazed this post has had so many viewers. Barmakian jewelers must be more popular than I ever realized! It continues to pop up when I originally posted this over one year ago!

victorian*elegance

Rough_Rock
Hi i live in Nh and i will tell you which jeweler you should go to, in Manchester NH there is a jewler called BELMANS, not BELDINS he has the most stunning jewelery, he goes to israil to pick out each individual Diamond, he is amazing, and his jewelery is uncomparable, i have worked for alot of diamond companys before, but he is one of the best that i have seen, you must call for an appointment, i guarantee you you will be satisified. I have botton jewelery from Barmakians, was satisified, but if money is no object go and see BELMANS
21.gif

carina

Rough_Rock
a couple of years late answering this post but I was very happy with the loose diamond I bought. They do have a tremendous selection and it''s better to have a few loose diamonds in front of you in a private room and take your time at analyzing.

Quality Diamonds

Rough_Rock
I''ve heard that Bellmans jewelers is the best in new hampsire for his hearts and arrows diamonds

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i used to live right outside of boston and went to barmakian''s, as well as long''s and numerous other places. I never bought from any of them. As soon as they realized I knew a little about diamonds they were fairly curt and uninterested in helping me. Yes and no answers.......... "a lot of hype" and other comments of that nature...............yuck

rlsrd

Rough_Rock
You can''t beat barmakians for price. Go to the main store in Boston. My wife and I have been married 20 years I got the same stone at Barmakians that another jeweler wanted three times as much. I had the diamond appraised recently and its now worth 4 times what I paid for it. The quality is good and the price is great.

My cousin also came from Albany andbought his diamond there. His father-in-law is a retired jeweler and he said the dimond was very clean and the price was excellent.

When your buying diamonds you have to go to a trustworthy place.

applei8

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I saw your reply message regarding Barmakian''s in Boston. I am contemplating of entrusting them to remake a piece of jewlery containing a few dozens of diamonds in it. How safe is it to leave a valuable piece of jewlery with them and expect that you get your stones in the new piece(s)?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

apple
33.gif

Shih Tzu Lover

Rough_Rock
I went to Barmakians in Nashua 9 years ago when I got Married. The service you explained was very similar to the service I experianced. When the money was paid and we were just picking up our rings ... we waited over an hour while I sales rep "disapeared" ... we finaly found him down stairs making another sale ... the ring was ready and he hadn''t even got to the back room yet to bring it to us.

We spent over $8,000 to be treated in this maner. To the manager who also posted a reply ... we did bring it to the managers attention ... NOTHING was done about it. Though the have a tremendous selection, their quality was outstanding, the NH tax free advantages ... they need to train their sales people on how to ensure good customer service.

Would I go back again - Let''s just say I haven''t been....

diamondobsessed

Rough_Rock
I KNOW that this is an old thread but I''m new here and can''t believe my eyes! I googled Barmakian''s as I had a good exeperience in the Framingham store, found this site and this thread. I am considering upgrading my current stone or changing the setting sometime in the near future but now have found a whole new world. On-line dealers? Yikes!! That means I have to do research!! Has anyone here had a GOOD experience trading in a stone at Barmakians? I would like to consider all of my options. BTW, I''m SO glad that I found this site, before today I thought that I was the only one in the world that was obsessed with wedding sets.

jmari

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have heard of Barmakians in Nashua, NH and have heard so/so remarks regarding their service. However, down the road from them in Merrimack, NH is A&E Diamond and Gold. They are FABULOUS. I have bought many peices of jewelry from them and I continue to go back. They will beat Barmakians price any day, but that isnt the point...The staff is excellent and the owner seems very committed to making anyone happy-even if you are just a looker and not ready to buy in the moment. They can get anything for you! Their website is just a look of what they have because they have much more. (www.aediamond.com)

jmari

Rough_Rock
I gave advise to someone else regarding stores...A&E Diamond and Gold in Merrimack NH is EXCELLENT. I am starting to feel like a free advertiser for them! But honestly, I am a jewelry fanatic and I wont purchase anything that looks cheap. I continue to go back to these people because their prices are great, but the staff is even better. They are definately there to please their clientel.

green_venus

Rough_Rock
I will never shop at Barmakian ever again. My fiancee and I bought a very expensive engagement ring and they were only nice and courteous, like other posters on this site, until they received their money. After sweet talking my fiancee and I into buying, they failed to mention such a ridiculous return policy. Layaway plan is another way not to get your money back. If you can''t afford to pay it off after 2 weeks, it will not be refunded. They never mentioned a guarantee on the ring or inspections provided. Most REPUTABLE jewelry places have the decency to provide that as well as a generous 30 days return policy. Don''t be fool by the grandeur of their stores, it''s only a marketing scheme that makes you think they are worth your money. All I have to say to potential shopper is BUYER BEWARE, go somewhere else!!!, and they are definitely getting reported to the BBB! One more important advice to diamond buyers, shop around for wholesale values and use that to negotiate with jewelers. Do not buy into their ridiculous prices because they mark up a ridiculous amount in case you hav eto resell. (I learned the hard way) Good luck!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I understand that you''re very upset, I would be furious too. But don''t you think it is a tiny bit excessive to resurrect every old Barmakian''s thread and post the same thing?

green_venus

Rough_Rock
That''s all....That is how I feel given the information that were communicated to me and my experience. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hope something good will come out of this in the future. Good luck and do your research.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2006 5:32:45 PM
Author: green_venus
That's all....That is how I feel given the information that were communicated to me and my experience. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hope something good will come out of this in the future. Good luck and do your research.
Huh?????? Who are you writing to????? Whose opinion are you referring to??????? To whom are you wishing good luck and to whom are you suggesting they do their research??????

The thread is over two years old. If you want to post disatisfaction over something, you'd be better served by starting a new thread and being a bit more descriptive over what the issue is.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I can''t comment on price but I lived in NH for a while and that store had a very good repuation. 2 of my good friends engagement rings came from there and were beautiful. These were bought in the early 90''s. They were both very happy with them. One of my friends said she would not trust anyone else.

I did go into the Nashua, NH store and its huge and beautfiul. 2 stories. Funny story as to what my DH and I bought there. I was pregnant and my fingers swelled so much that my wedding rings did not fit. My husband bought me a simple white gold band in a larger size to wear for my pregnancy. I kept it and wore it with each additional pregnancy.

So again, I don''t know about prices but I know that their reputation is good and they stood behind their merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results