shape
carat
color
clarity

Bargain finds ($600 or less)

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I’m glad that was cleared up! I think this thread has plenty of room for both rings and loose stones! Some of us may have little stones in modest CS rings which we may be shy about posting in the eye candy thread, so this is a good place to post them, and I would love to see them.

Here is my little 7x5mm tanzanite in 9k gold, all of which cost a little over $200. I love its periwinkle blue, it’s one of my favorite colors.
3B2AF46A-EDB8-45AA-B37E-98652909E09E.jpeg

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ok guys here is my new eternity ring from Yvonne:) The setting was $385 and the stones were around $200 :) The stones are demantoid and Paraiba. I'm not the best photographer, so be assured, the ring is much prettier and sparklier in person!
thumbnail (2).jpg
Woah, the setting cost is lower than what I would expect! At this rate, I might cave and get one almost just like yours! I've been eyeing both paraiba and demantoid melee from Yvonne.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok guys here is my new eternity ring from Yvonne:) The setting was $385 and the stones were around $200 :) The stones are demantoid and Paraiba. I'm not the best photographer, so be assured, the ring is much prettier and sparklier in person!
thumbnail (2).jpg

Love this! :mrgreen2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woah, the setting cost is lower than what I would expect! At this rate, I might cave and get one almost just like yours! I've been eyeing both paraiba and demantoid melee from Yvonne.
The setting cost is helped by the fact that the melee is tiny, 1.3 and 1.25 mms, so the band is lightweight and I only set nine stones. She has plenty of the melee left in these sizes and also slightly larger sizes if you really want this combo for an eternity ring, voce :) I bet it would be pretty set in white gold, too!

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
I know it's got some inclusions, but something keeps drawing me back to this Precision Gem spess. And the price is so right that I'm probably going to cave any day now. garnet.jpg

I have succumbed to temptation and emailed about the spess. I'm just trying to work out if it makes more sense to have it sent here loose or to send it to be set in the States first. Once I work that out, I'll make the purchase.

It's fine. I'm working overtime for two weeks. I deserve a little treat, right?

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Burmesedaze Oh the advantages of living in Burma! You're so lucky, that's definitely a buy!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. This is a near local price because my jeweller is the gobetween.
2. Got it off a local Facebook group. Everything is in Burmese which I can't read!
3. We think the trader in Mogok probably buys the rough or not so nice larger sizes and have them recut to sell for a profit.
4. I suppose those that speak little to no English will have to contend with local prices.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The 3 sapphires were actually going as a lot for US$1150. I didn't want the other 2 that are more windowed and the oval has pretty obvious zoning. So I had to pay a "premium" for one stone rather than taking all 3. The 2.3ct has zoning too if you flip it face down but not really that noticeable face up :D

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
*edit*

4. Have to contend with "foreigner" prices.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow I am drooling over those! Yum!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Seaglow Did you obtain the whole set for $600, or are individual pieces less than $600? They are gorgeous, and I can't believe I'm looking at them in this thread on bargains!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Seaglow Did you obtain the whole set for $600, or are individual pieces less than $600? They are gorgeous, and I can't believe I'm looking at them in this thread on bargains!

I think it's the whole box. She's terribly brilliant at finding great buys! :)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dammit Seaglow you've done it again. I was just talking about my six teeny ones that weren't bargain priced and here you pop up with this. Great find!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dammit Seaglow you've done it again. I was just talking about my six teeny ones that weren't bargain priced and here you pop up with this. Great find!

Your teeny ones shouldn’t be so bad because the newer finds in Mahenge are mostly lighter in color and sleepy. The neons tend to be the earlier finds.

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
I know it's got some inclusions, but something keeps drawing me back to this Precision Gem spess. And the price is so right that I'm probably going to cave any day now. garnet.jpg

I got it - I just finally gave in to temptation! This is going to have to be it for a while, as I've got moving expenses and just bought a lot of amber that I want to make into a bracelet, but I've been visiting this stone for the last few months and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it even though I've passed on larger and more perfect spessies with no problem. I just think I'm meant to have it! Plus it's perfect for a project I've been planning for a while.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it too! It's going to be in a mixed metals pendant with yellow and white gold. I've been planning the piece for a while, but I needed the right stone for the center.

I’m so happy for you. I can’t wait to see that spess in a pendant. Sometimes it’s just meant to be right?! Please share your pics once you get it. I’m dying to see more of that baby. :love:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got it - I just finally gave in to temptation! This is going to have to be it for a while, as I've got moving expenses and just bought a lot of amber that I want to make into a bracelet, but I've been visiting this stone for the last few months and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it even though I've passed on larger and more perfect spessies with no problem. I just think I'm meant to have it! Plus it's perfect for a project I've been planning for a while.

Congratulations on your beautiful stone! It looks like a very interesting cut, and that color is so juicy! Can’t wait to see what you do with it! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results