shape
carat
color
clarity

Bar set or channel set baguette eternity band

darby

Rough_Rock
Hi all -

Looking for advice on setting baguettes in two platinum eternity bands - definitely going with a horizontal orientation. Should I go with bar set or channel set? Baguettes are 15 pointers and will be stacked with this three-stone set which is in the process of being made now. The three-stone ring will be set in platinum and will have double claw prongs at the corners of the asscher.

_6133.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer small bars (or prongs) that arent that noticeable...This is Evangeline's ring...hope she doesnt mind me reposting...one of my favorite baguette 3 stone rings.

The other look I like is where the baguettes are embedded (not sure if you consider this channel set or not)...

Edit...I think for yours I prefer the first type of setting.

small_bars.jpg

embedded_baguettes.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she is asking about eternity bands to wear with the ring? I would definitely want the channel if bar set means the sides of the stones would be exposed. Here's a really pretty one, although you may want plain with no milgrain.

https://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/david-klass-engraved-1-dot-04ct-solid-platinum-baguette-eternity-band;12538

plain:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Platinum-Channel-Set-Eternity-Band-17-Horizontal-p/f1931s.htm

I am also going to say that I would strongly prefer one band over two. Two tends to overwhelm the engagement ring in many cases.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the ring in process right now. I think you're asking about an eternity ring to wear with the ering, right? If so, I would go channel set as I wonder if bar set would leave the baguette girdles exposed which would eat into your ering prongs. Maybe you'll want a spacer if you go this route. I have a baguette 1/2 eternity channel set band that I love so I may be biased. I have had bar set and wondered if they scratched my setting more than the channel set.

ETA I must've been posting at the same time as diamondseeker who always gives great advice and mine echoed hers.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm a big fan of the clean look (and durability) of a channel set myself!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely vote channel set. I love the fluidity. Bar set eternity bands would overwhelm your gorgeous 3-stone IMO.

darby

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies! To clarify, I am planning to set the baguettes to go with the e-ring, which will only have the 3 stones pictured. I'm including my inspiration photo showing the two bands - they have a delicate look which is what I am going for. I definitely don't want to overwhelm the e-ring - just accent it. I am worried about the bar setting scratching the e-ring but I love how the stones stand out on their own - just not sure how it will wear down the road.

pastedgraphic-1.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I have to say darby, your inspiration rings are gorgeous! :cheeky:

darby

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Bonfire! I probably should have provided specs on the three stone e-ring: asscher is 2.3 carats and side stones are about 15/16 points each. The e-ring band itself will taper from 2.5mm to 1.85mm wide. The eternity bands will be about 1.85mm wide. So, I think the dimensions will be similar to the ones in the inspiration pic.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty inspiration, and yours is going to look lovely! I like a single band, and I think that set would be even nicer with only one band.

I was going to say channel set, but one that has very narrow metal rims. My wedding band is that style - it was my husband's grandmother's, and it's a tank. If you're set on two, though, bar set will give you a more delicate look.

I really dislike most channel settings, since they tend to have a lot of bulky metal on the edges, which looks dated to me. So I'd try some on before you commit.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To hug your e-ring like the inspiration, verify with your jeweler if you'd have to have the bands curved.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results