shape
carat
color
clarity

bang for the buck- advice please :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. After much looking, lusting and drooling I think I might have found THE stone. Please render your advice. My goal was to find the largest stone with excellent cut for the most ''reasonable'' price (I know this is totally subjective). My only concern is if it''ll totally face up white, and if the flourescence helps that (it should, from what I''ve read here).

The stats:
carat: 1.657
cut: RB, H&A
color: H
clarity: SI1

Sarin deets for the HCA junkies:
depth: 61.6
crown angle: 35
pavilion angle: 41
culet: .5

This is one of Jonathan''s stones- for more details on it: http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_657ct_h_si1__h%26a.htm

Thanks for the help!
1.gif

gardengirl

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty sweet looking stone! The Bscope has alot of color light...pretty!
1.gif
I like the price, the carat size, the color should definitely be white, esp with an excellent cut, and the SI1 clarity is fine if its eye clean which it actually looks pretty eye clean! Did you ask Jonathan about that?

I say go for it. I think it's an excellent balance of the 4c's in order to get size (which I love too!)...and not sacrifice on cut. If you do get it, post pictures of it and in the setting, eye candy, eye candy!

1.gif

Congrats, good eye!

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a very nice diamond. You should have no problem with a H color stone facing up white.. In my opinion, color is not really noticeable until you get into the I color range.

rodent.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
HOLY COW, girl.....that is one heart-stopping stone!

Go for it, and post pics when you get it!

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a really really eye clean SI1, with great colored light return.....have you benchmarked the light return with some other SuperIdeal stones? I think you could do better on the White and Scint......

Look at this Gemex report:

Gemex

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a lovely stone, and as it seems to meet all of your stated parameters quite nicely, I would say it's an excellent choice.
1.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like a nice stone.
appl.gif
I like the size too.
naughty.gif

Judy
:)

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Great rock that will set well even in white gold or platinum. Great compromise of color and clarity choices to get the size and price range to fall into balance!
1.gif

gardengirl

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I just wanted to report back. After finding this stone (H SI1 1.657) I decided to venture to some B&M stores to see if anyone could come close to this. The closest we got was a 1.64, with a medium grade cut (definitely not the sparkler that GOG has!), was a SI2, and it was *still* 2k more than the stone at GOG.

*OH*, one of the highlights of my experience was one of the sales people who went into a very lengthy diatribe on how bad internet diamond places were, blah blah blah. Mmmm hmmm, so, can you match this stone for this price? No? Worse cut and clarity for 2k more? That's what I thought.

This one is definitely winner, thanks to pricescope!
9.gif

gardengirl

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good Job Gardengirl in doing the footwork..Sounds like you made an excellent choice.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Don't you just love the B&M salesperson stories
9.gif
. I've been shopping for earrings, trying to figure out what I really want, and the conversations are just useless, but occasionally amusing. For entertainment, I ALWAYS ask about the cut, and they usually look at me very seriously, and tell me they are "round". Once when I asked for more details, he told me it was round with 57 facets. That was all I could get -- I finally gave up trying. And...the prices can be horrifying.

I know there are some good B&M's out there, and some great jewelers running them. I've just had a hard time finding them in my new area.

Congrats on finding what looks to be a great stone!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results