shape
carat
color
clarity

Banded Agate

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rather fond of the appearance of banded agate after coming across it recently. Sadly don’t own any yet but wondering if anyone else has a piece (or more!) to share?

Also is the bullseye pattern somehow more desirable than others? I have seen descriptions that indicate it is more rare but wasn’t sure how true that is.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love Georgian, Victorian, and Deco agate jewelry and have a little collection. Here are a few of my pieces.
From top to bottom, Deco-era carnelian (orange agate) necklace; Victorian banded agate/carnelian necklace, perhaps cut down from a longer version; Victorian or Edwardian agate bracelet, possibly part of a necklace; two Victorian (some say Georgian, but I think Victorian) navette agate bracelets; and an early 20th century landscape agate brooch:
IMG_8825.jpg
agatebeadbracelet1.jpg agatebeadbracelet4.jpg IMG_4869.jpg

A pair of Victorian or Georgian stickpins with snakes holding banded agate spheres, one set with a little old-cut diamond eye. Apologies if this is too many pictures!

IMG_8855.jpg IMG_8859.jpg IMG_8860.jpg IMG_8884.jpg IMG_8885.jpg IMG_8888.jpg IMG_8889.jpg IMG_8894.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8889.jpg
    IMG_8889.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 6

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing @Paisley2628, those details, very impressive. I’m always amazed at the treasures you can find on EBay.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@glitterata, never too many pictures, you have a beautiful collection, I especially love the snake stick pins, very unusual and interesting especially with the little diamond.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Georgian, Victorian, and Deco agate jewelry and have a little collection. Here are a few of my pieces.
From top to bottom, Deco-era carnelian (orange agate) necklace; Victorian banded agate/carnelian necklace, perhaps cut down from a longer version; Victorian or Edwardian agate bracelet, possibly part of a necklace; two Victorian (some say Georgian, but I think Victorian) navette agate bracelets; and an early 20th century landscape agate brooch:
IMG_8825.jpg
agatebeadbracelet1.jpg agatebeadbracelet4.jpg IMG_4869.jpg

A pair of Victorian or Georgian stickpins with snakes holding banded agate spheres, one set with a little old-cut diamond eye. Apologies if this is too many pictures!

IMG_8855.jpg IMG_8859.jpg IMG_8860.jpg IMG_8884.jpg IMG_8885.jpg IMG_8888.jpg IMG_8889.jpg IMG_8894.jpg

Love them all
and all the pictures !!!
Do you wear them out and about ?
Some of those are seriously old !
How cool is that !
The stories they could tell

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I have been trawling for banded agate for literally years - but the ones I find are either wildly overpriced (thanks, instagram) or pretty beat up. There was a necklace I wanted so badly, but I'd have to liquidate too much beloved bling to even make an offer!

If I ever can swing procuring some, I will surely show it off here. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results