shape
carat
color
clarity

Band Width

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ceciliabatta

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I have a problem. My boyfriend bought me this BEAUTIFUL, 1 carat, London blue topaz ring for my birthday last year, and of course, I wanted to wear it on my ring finger!
Well I have had it sized down to a 6, but the problem is...it is still too big! The ring needs to be a size 6 to fit over my knuckle, but for it to be snug on my finger, it needs to be a size 5 1/2 or 5. Well I''ve tired "ring snugglers" from wal-mart...they are just plain annoying to wear and really not that attractive and I even went to a jewler to have a sizer put in. Well, basically I was left with never being able to take the ring off, which is not an option for me!
So I wear it anyway, but because it is not a snug fit, and the weight of the ring, it flops around.
But I am thinking of an option to fix this and hoping you all could help me in answering if it is a good idea or not.
I don''t want to go in and have the whole ring re-done because, to me, the sentimental value would be gone.....but could they possibly WIDEN the band in a jewlery store?
I wear a size 6 on my right ring finger and it is perfect. It is a 1 carat garnet with a wide band and it doesn''t budge a bit. So i figure maybe by widening the band, the ring would still fit over my knuckle, be snug enough for it not to flop around.
Tell me what you think. I don''t even know if jewlery store do this or not. Thank you!!!!
33.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Did your jeweler offer you sizing beads? They are 2 tiny metal balls welded inside a shank which allows a ring to go over your knuckle as before but prevent it's spinning while on.

ceciliabatta

Rough_Rock
No! I''ve never even heard of that!
23.gif
So are they put onto the band?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Inside the shank, here are pictures and the whole process explained.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results