shape
carat
color
clarity

Band size on an ering setting?

jmarshall

Shiny_Rock
Looking at an ering setting with channel set diamonds in the shank. The band is 3.2 mm wide. This seems really wide, as I thought the standard for a females ring was like 2-2.5 mm.

Am I just stressing out for no reason? I feel like its going to look way too thick.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I have a half eternity channel set wedding ring that's about 3mm. Channel settings do end up a bit wider, but they don't look wide when on. I find that the row of diamonds really breaks up the look of the band, so it won't look bulky like solid metal would.
Here's a picture of it with my 2.5mm ering

454wedset1.png

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're going to be hard pressed to find a channel set band that is 2 mm.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is the style of ring that you are looking at that is often that width. When you read about people here getting 2mm shanks, it is either a plain metal one or thin pave.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Your question made me curious about my soon-to-be wedding set - the matching band is channel set too. The band will be between 2.5-3mm once made. Based on HopeDream's set, 3mm is nothing to be concerned about. Its gorgeous and looks proportional. What's your ring size? I have skinny-ish fingers at size 5 and trying on my wedding set together still looked great and it's probably 5.5 to 6mm wide.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I should note that I have a size 4 finger, so the band width will look proportionaly less chunky the larger the finger.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

new4diamond

Rough_Rock
This is my wife's ...3.5mm + 3.0mm in size 6.5 hand_6.jpg hand_9_3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results