shape
carat
color
clarity

BAND FOR OLD EUROPEAN CUT RESEST DIA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

confusedconsumer

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I have a 1.58 carat OEC that has been set in a new six prong platinum solitare setting. I would like to purchasr a diamond wedding band. Should I be concerned about buying one with modern brilliant dias in it? I am looking at bands in the 2 to 2500k range and i do not want an eternity band I was thinking maybe prong set or maybe channel
any help is appreciated:))

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Confused can you request to see a single cut diamond and see if it's compatible with your diamond, so you can make a band with them.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You do not need to have old cut diamonds in the band, but if you could find ones that match and are cut in a similar manner it would be "nice". It is not a truly important consideration.
Keep the size of the wedding ring diamonds small enough not to interfere with the looks of the major stone. Your budget is very adequate so you will have lots of options.

With older diamond centers, I sometimes suggest the use of a 5 or 7 stone "fishtail set" wedding band. They are still around in estate and new jewelry, but we more commonly see channel, or prong set wedding bands today. Fishtail is a bit more "period" in looks and style...It does not grab clothes, just like channel is smoothe sided. It is a little fancier on the sides..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results