shape
carat
color
clarity

Balancing my checkbook makes me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else find that when their balance is off (even by a few dollars--though this most recent mistake was like over $150 for me) they can't focus on anything else?

Or am I the ONLY neurotic dork around here...

...oh wait, maybe I shouldn't ask that
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m the same here; my online balance must match my checkbook right down to the last penny or I’ll spend hours double and triple checking to locate the discrepancy. DH doesn’t care; he rounds up his numbers and if it’s close, it’s good enough for him.
23.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
oh, Chrono--better than mine who DOESN''T EVEN CHECK. omg I would go crazy if I were him.

luckily he always has enough in his account and he sorta breezes over things once in a while to make sure he''s not close to overdrawn...but UGH!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I only go crazy when I don''t have enough in there to cover automatic bill pay, oi
7.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm, I never balance my checkbook.......
40.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t balance my checkbook. I check my account online everyday just to make sure that everything is in order and that''s it.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
The only time I''ve ever balanced a checkbook was when I was a kid and my mom thought I should learn how. Now everything is online, so I just go through our credit and debit statements and make sure everything looks good.

But yes, it would drive me insane if I balanced a checkbook and the balance was off at all. That''s why I don''t bother!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I admit that my balance is always off. Once it was off by $900!!!

If it makes you feel any better, my degree is in accounting and I use to work at one. That said, I HATED the field (only went into it b/c my mom kind of nudged me that way) and I quit after 9 months. lol

Oh, and I quit balancing mine. I just check online and see what the approx. balance is. Since I only write about five checks a month, I know which uncleared checks to deduct from the balance and basically conclude that my balance is sort of what that new number would be.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I never balance my checkbook. I look at my account on line and let them do the math.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don''t use checks anymore. I check my CC statement to make sure everything is fine. I also keep a balance on my account, so I can make emergency withdraws, use a debit card or check.

Much easier on my mind.

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 1:17:01 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
I don''t balance my checkbook. I check my account online everyday just to make sure that everything is in order and that''s it.
Ditto - I only check it every 3-4 days though... sometimes a week
emotion-18.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How nice to find that I''m not the only one who NEVER bothers to balance my checkbook!

But... you did remind me to go check my balances online!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ditto DivaDiamond007, But we''re going to have to start b/c DH and I are merging our accounts and he''s not so good as remembering to tell me when he makes ATM withdrawals...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
When I was using my debit card for most purchases, I literally had to balance my checkbook about every other day. I am nuts about balancing mine...if I''m off by even pennies it drives me batty.

Now that I pay cash for everything I don''t have to mess with it as much. I just make one withdraw every week or two and that''s it. I got so sick of having to balance the stupid thing constantly that I had to find a way around it. Today was the first time I had to balance mine since before Christmas and the only thing in my ledger was two withdrawls. It''s so much nicer.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I use Quicken to reconcile all my bank, crdit card and investment accounts. Many sites allow me to download to Quicken so it makes it that much easier.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 1:17:01 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007

I do this.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely not just you!

I save receipts and if we can''t account for every dollar I''ll start going through them to find out what went wrong.. it''s a real waste of time when it''s $20, but I feel better afterward
1.gif

I once wrote a bad check when I was younger (but had the payment protection from my bank, so it was covered and I had to only pay a $34 fee on being $3 short in my checking account). I was SO UPSET that I, "was so dumb to do that". I don''t think it has happened since! (I also check my account a few times a week and hardly write checks anymore.. but still it''s the principle.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results