shape
carat
color
clarity

Baking Cubix Zirconia?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That should read Cubic not cubix lol!

Has anyone tried it? Apparently it can create more depth and warmth to mimic a diamond.

I decided to have a try with some inexpensive silver cz rings that have been sitting in my jewellery box for years.

I cleaned them with washing up liquid and gave them a good rinse. You have to be careful not to put finger prints on the stones. Apparently they will bake onto the surface :o

Next I laid them on a metal baking tray and put them in a COLD oven. You can shatter the cz if you put them in a hot oven. Switch the oven to 350 degrees (175C) and bake them for 3-4 hours. Switch the oven off. You must leave them in the oven until it’s completely cooled down.

The silver on the solitaire came out of the oven really tarnished. I cleaned it back to shiny with a silver polishing cloth.

I’ve taken some before and after photos. The biggest change was the oval. It was really glassy before. It looks a lot better now. I can see a little bit of change in the round but to be honest it was quite a nice stone to begin with. Some people bake again the next day. I might try.

3D58F5C6-FAD4-4A1E-AC09-60082A3650F1.jpeg
F30E4F7C-2A43-4AA3-8AD2-D111351265E9.jpeg 8395B40D-B359-4D0E-A190-79E139D33B64.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Yes I've done this too. Some czs improve, some not much. But the ones that improved really looked better!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I've done this too. Some czs improve, some not much. But the ones that improved really looked better!

I don’t suppose there is any way to know which ones will improve? Just try and see?

BMI

Shiny_Rock
In my experience the ones that were the most glassy looking to begin with improved the most. And the ones that are kind of dark and dull to begin with should NOT be put in the oven. :nono:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well i never ...
im quite impressed by this

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely see a difference and would try again if I had a cz that might benefit from a good old baking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results