shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JerseyGirlOC

Rough_Rock
I have seen some beautiful three stone rings with baguette side stones. For those of you that have them, have you ever had a baguette fall out? Is your setting in gold or platinum? I''m thinking of changing to this type of setting and am wondering if you would recommend it. I don''t think I''m that hard on my rings but, I don''t want anything high maintenance

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are set in 18kt white gold. I''ve had my ring going on 2 years and wear it pretty much 24/7. I''ve never had a problem with any of my stones.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds very pretty JerseyGirl! Do you have any pics similar to what you are describing?
I just wanted to tell you that I did crack a baquette in my RHR, but it was an easy fix at the jeweler (just replaced).

BTW, I''m in Ocean County, NJ....is that where you are from? I figured that from your name.
emwink.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
My sapphire ring is set with baguettes. No problems for me! I suspect they are safer than pave (though I have not had any problems with pave either, so I may be pretty easy on my rings
3.gif
)

JerseyGirlOC

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses. Beecheez - I live near Ocean City, NJ

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have baguette sidestones, and I love them - they provide bling without too much fuss. Comparatively speaking, I think this is one of the sturdier settings with sidestones out there - compared to, say, micropave, little babying is required.

P.S. - Platinum setting that appears to be from the 40s or so, and that has held up just fine.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been wearing my 3 stone with baguettes for 10+ years and no problem. They are in plat. I dont really feel like mine provide much bling
(they are about 15 points a piece). But I do think it is a pretty low maintenance setting.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
My engagement ring has tapered baguette sidestones set in platinum, and they''ve been firmly in place since around 1940. One of ''em has a tiny chip in it (I didn''t do it!), but they''ve never fallen out.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
My ER has .78 tcw bags and I''ve never had a problem with them. Ring is set in plat set with a claw not that bar that you often see in 3 stone rings w/ bags. Timeless look.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a setting in WG with baguette sides. I was told that it was from the 1940s (I think, I can''t find the paperwork on it). I dropped the ring and managed to chip the centre stone slightly, but the baguettes seem to be in great condition. I''ve had no problems at all with the bageuettes.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Baguettes are beautiful and they''re a classic look. My e-ring is an RB with tapered baguettes, the RB is not big, I should be experiencing the diamond shrinkage syndrome by now but I''m not, I think it''s because I love this look a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results