shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguette Eternity Ring

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
OK, it's one of those days where the camera refuses to focus no matter what, so these photos don't show off my ring to its best, but they will have to do. I should have cleaned it first - but it took me forever to do these photos so I don't think I'll do them again!

I am so pleased with this ring. I bought it preowned in the Laines (a jewellery quarter) in Brighton, UK, a few weeks ago. It's about three-quarters of a carat, G-H diamonds, 18k gold. It cost a mere 495 pounds including 20% VAT. (The UK equivalent of sales tax). It's super-super sparkly and so appears quite a lot more expensive than it was, in my opinion. God, I LOVE a jewellery bargain! Someone else was also interested in it and had enquired about it, but she hesitated, so......

Interestingly, I have noticed that this style of ring is not widely available in the States, where the baguettes are in a vertical row. If you Google this style the ones that come up are mainly in the UK. The Laines had more like this, including one in white gold. The diamonds were possibly slightly better, but it was a big price leap at 725 pounds. I think this one offered the exact same sparkly look with the same great finger coverage for a great deal less money.

gedc1371.jpg

gedc1376.jpg

gedc1384.jpg

gedc1385.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally loving this ring!!! :lickout:

...and loving the vault with the open door & extended visiting hours ;))

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Enerchi! How are you doing? I've got lots more stuff to photograph including rose gold BGD DBTY bracelet to match my necklace and same to match my WF sapphire necklace - AND WF 5mm sapphire studs - but am having camera probs.

Guess what, I've ordered a stud upgrade from Blue Nile! Upgrading from 0.68 ctw E/F, VS2/Si1, Signature Ideal to 1.12, D, eyeclean Si2, ideal cut, in a nice fat 18k white gold bezel. The upgrade was right at the minimum level I'd need to spend to get the upgrade. Like I said, I LURVE a bargain!

Two more photos of the baguette ring:

gedc1391.jpg

gedc1392.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love baguette eternities. All those tiny step cuts re memorizing. Thank you for sharing!

I can't wait to see your other new treasures. And congrats on the (icy white!) new studs!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rosebloom! I just adore the step cuts lined up next to each other too. I just managed to get some more photos very close up which shows the line-up better and also, I think, shows how sparkly it is. Can you believe this bad boy was only 495 pounds, including 20% sales tax? That's about $785.

gedc1406.jpg

gedc1407.jpg

gedc1409.jpg

gedc1410.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very elegant.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Julie, I don't know if you saw my Rockytalky post of a day or so ago, but I said I'd decided to go for the most cost-effective option for the stud upgrade, and said thanks to all who had helped. So let me say again, thank you! I decided the best deal at $2,856 was the ideal-cut 1.12 eyeclean Ds, and they will be set in thick bezels, which I felt was big enough for my thinnish small face. Can't wait to get them, although it will be 3-5 weeks as that setting I like is special order to 18k white gold.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love this band, it's really beautiful!! :love: A great find at a great price! :appl:

I'm so looking forward to seeing your new studs as well! I think the size is going to be perfect for you, and I love bezel settings!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1362774911|3400084 said:
I said I'd decided to go for the most cost-effective option for the stud upgrade, and said thanks to all who had helped. So let me say again, thank you!

Congrats, they will be stunning, the waiting must be difficult.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Junebug! And yes, Julie, the waiting will be difficult!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
So difficult that perhaps I'll just change the order to 14k to get them sooner! Although I really prefer 18k for fine jewellery.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
So difficult that perhaps I'll just change the order to 14k to get them sooner! Although I really prefer 18k for fine jewellery.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is a real beauty.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! One of the most beautiful things about it is the price, in my opinion - especially considering that it's 18k gold, not 14 - or 9k, which is very common in the UK. You can really make your money stretch with a pre-owned piece.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. It looks very classy.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I try to shop around a lot and choose my jewellery very carefully in order to get the most bling for my buck while remaining tasteful - takes me forever to make up my mind! - so it is really nice to get positive comments.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results