shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguette Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JDam

Rough_Rock
Where are some good sources to look at for purchasing quality baguette diamonds?

JDam

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I wanna know too!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/28/2007 5:35:12 AM
Author:JDam
Where are some good sources to look at for purchasing quality baguette diamonds?

JDam
Don''t PS vendors market Baguette Diamon
6.gif
ds?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yum! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of one big honkin'' RB, with one small, thin baguette (set E/W) on each side (a''la'' HW-style, I believe?). But DANG MARTHA, finding gorgeous baguettes is TOUGH (IMVHO). Most of them (that I''ve seen, anyway) just tend to look like cut pieces of window glass -- no *life* at all.
14.gif

Is it possible to have a well cut, truly lively and sparkly baguette?

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I would be surprised if there were sparkling baguets because the cut is so straight. I have 5 tapered baguettes either side of my rb and although they look shiny they have never sparkled like a rb. If anything I would compare it to an ec look.

But with modern technology and new cuts all the time, it is a very interesting question as to what is the best type of baguette to buy if looking for excellent cut.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 5:56:40 PM
Author: Sharon101
I would be surprised if there were sparkling baguets because the cut is so straight. I have 5 tapered baguettes either side of my rb and although they look shiny they have never sparkled like a rb. If anything I would compare it to an ec look.

But with modern technology and new cuts all the time, it is a very interesting question as to what is the best type of baguette to buy if looking for excellent cut.
Well, I wouldn''t expect any baguette to sparkle like a RB (that''s a tough act to follow!
2.gif
) -- but I would think it should be reasonable to expect some fire and *life*... and IRL, that is something I have never really seen in a baguette. Just my humble 2 cents, of course (and honestly, I haven''t seen a lot of bags!)
1.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
To be honest I have never seen it either. But I wasnt going to use my experience as the bar because maybe I just havent seen one that is well cut????? And Im assuming that some must be better than the others??? Im sure some expert will chime in and help us out here!!!!

JDam

Rough_Rock
Is there such a thing as a top of the line cut baguette or even a branded baguette? Also, I wonder what the largest size (carrat weight ) in a baguette style that are available?

JDam

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think baguettes have plenty of life. You just can''t compare them to a RB. Baguettes a much more like an antique cut and you really have to look at them that way. RB and baguette = apples and oranges.

That said, the crisscut baguette has tons and tons of sparkle. i just bought a crisscut eternity band of all baguettes and it is on fire! Have your jeweler bring in some for you to look at. And look at my recent thread about my eternity band for a longer review of the crisscut.

But I would still like to know who can provide good regular baguette cuts. I''m looking for a large baguette for a solitaire ring and having no success in finding one.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with LadyA. I have two small bags on either side of my ering and they shoot off wonderful color bursts in longish chunks. And when I was ering shopping I saw a wonderful EC that gave off amazing fire so it''s all in the cut...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 7:18:35 PM
Author: surfgirl
I have to agree with LadyA. I have two small bags on either side of my ering and they shoot off wonderful color bursts in longish chunks. And when I was ering shopping I saw a wonderful EC that gave off amazing fire so it''s all in the cut...

Oooh - that just reminded me - the other day I was wearing my emerald cut and it was giving off huge two inch long full rainbows. For a second I thought there was something wrong since I had never seen that before!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen some beautiful baguettes... I wouldn''t call them "sparkly" but rather having large, lively flashes of light. I''ve also seen the dead baguettes that look like a chip of glass.

I would LOVE some of the baguette bands at canturi.com... stunning!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are also french cut baguettes, they are a different look than regular baguettes but very lovely as well. I too have seen livelier baguettes.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Precision cut baguettes...

Each baguette is cut precisely to fit the puzzle..., all angles are consistently cut to a 0.002mm. tolerance.

Baguettes..., if cut right... (like any other fancy shape), can be amazingly gorgeous!!!
1.gif

precisionBaguette.JPG

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/3/2007 6:30:25 PM
Author: DiaGem
Precision cut baguettes...

Each baguette is cut precisely to fit the puzzle..., all angles are consistently cut to a 0.002mm. tolerance.

Baguettes..., if cut right... (like any other fancy shape), can be amazingly gorgeous!!!
1.gif
A different style: (just a piece of the puzzle)
41.gif

precBagII.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results