shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad News... The RING is in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
You may be thinking why bad news? Well my FF picked up the ring today, MY RING and it is in the apartment somewhere (we live together). I already know that the proposal will not be be until October or November. Are you kidding me? I have spend the next 2-3 months with this ring somewhere in the apartment and I can''t see it... TORTURE! haha

Any of you ladies going through this? I remember reading a post some time last week about a LIW who received the ring in the mail while her FF was out of town. Now I feel the pain!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I FEEL your pain, blueyes, I do! My ring isn''t in yet, (and good lord, I have no idea how you can know it''s in your home and not tear the place apart just looking for it--ha, I get this image of Carrie from Sex and the City going through that guy''s apt when he was out and then he came back and found her sitting on his bed trying to pry open a box, anyway . . . )

FF purchased the ring three weeks ago, the jeweler told us it would take six weeks, so I know the timeline and I am just ITCHING to have that ring on my finger! I posted something about it two weeks ago because I was literally driving myself crazy--staring at pictures of it on the computer, lurking on PS for hours, crazy. I''m still going crazy, actually, I wish I had a good solution!

All I can say is that I went to the Chicago Gem and Jewelry show with $500 in my wallet because I thought purchasing a pretty item would help take my mind off of the ring, yet every time I found something I liked I thought "Well, it''s not beautiful enough to look good with my ering." Like I said, crazy.

You know what has alleviated some of my anxiousness, wedding planning. Some of the girls recommended it and they are so right. I decided to find some dresses that I love and that takes my mind off of the ring for oh, I''d say a good 15 minutes a day!

Good luck Blueyes, and don''t worry--you''ll be posting your "I''M ENGAGED!!!!" post before you know it!

(You know--all of us LIW should get together and purchase a pre-ring bauble that we can pass down, you know, something gorgeous to tide us over during our long wait. Wouldn''t that be fabulous?)

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
I''ll probably be in the same situation in a few weeks!
And I have seriously been craving something sparkly in the meantime... must... resist...
14.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 11:37:49 PM
Author: lsyama
I''ll probably be in the same situation in a few weeks!
And I have seriously been craving something sparkly in the meantime... must... resist...
14.gif
Maybe you can get yourselves a little sparkly, while you wait, ladies
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee, my boss was just telling me the other day that he''d purchased a Journey pendant for his wife (for their 2nd anniversary of marriage) and hid it inside their house. Apparently she has a collection of Japanese dolls that is displayed in the side units of their entertainment center in the living room, and he placed it on the bridal doll but turned it a bit sideways so she wouldn''t be able to see it until he wanted her to. Hmmm, if I were her I''d be turning over every speck of the space in my house looking for some such gift, lol! But I don''t think she''s expecting it (not like a LIW searching for an e-ring anyway). Sort of cruel, my boss is, but sweet at the same time.

Just keep your nails manicured and be prepared...I know it''s tough to wait, but at least you know that a proposal is in the works, you''re ahead of the game in that respect!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I so feel your pain! My ff bought our ring in July and it''s not going to happen until later in the year. For the first month, I was fine, but Im feeling impatient at the moment. I know I just have to hang on in there as it will be worth it when he does it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results