shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad experience with Shapiro Diamond/ Great with White Flash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dregre

Rough_Rock
I inititaly had a good impression of Shapiro diamond. He seemed very niced and conitnued to assure me that he could get a great deal on Diamond. I don''t live close so I explained that we would need to get alot of the initial Diamond search info done over the phone. I would then be able to drive to his shop on the weekend or take off work early. I could never get him to give me any specifics on a Diamond size, clarity, Price etc. Everytime I was assured if I would just come in he would take care of me. I prepared a list of 12 diamonds that I found on Pricescope that seemed to fit my requirements and budget. I went to the trouble of list all of the specs, report #''s, and the retailers who were offering the diamond and thier price. I am in sales and appreciate it when customers are straight forward. I informed him that these are the types of diamonds I had seen and the prices I had seen them for. I asked if he would be able to find a diamond with similars specs for a similar price. I assumed this wouldn''t be a problem since his website shows how he wholesales to the public. The response I got back was email stating "you are going to work with them!!!!!!!" I called him the next day and he said he forgot to look but would get to it. Not suprisingly Ive never heard back from Shapiro Diamond. They called me almost ever day to see how my decision making process was going until I sent them a list of diamonds that I liked. They may be a really good place but I just find it funny that he acted like two different people before and after I showed him some of the Pricescope prices on diamonds in my requirement range.

I sent the same list to White Flash at the same time. James took the time to go through each stone and go over it with me. He made his recommendation of the best stone. This was my first diamond purchase so I was a little nervous and asking a lot of questions. James took the time to answers all of my questions and always called me back in a timely manner. They got the stone in and send me all the information on it. I should recieve the Diamond early next week and am really excited. I was sceptical of online shopping for diamonds but WhiteFlash has been awesome.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, what a very helpful post! Congrats on your diamond purchase, I''m sure it''s going to be amazing.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you did the right thing by switching jewelers, and that behavior, though disappointing, doesn't surprise me. Neither does getting great service from WF.
2.gif
Let us know how the diamond turns out!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post pictures after it arrives!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/31/2009 7:48:26 AM
Author: Ellen
It sounds like you did the right thing by switching jewelers, and that behavior, though disappointing, doesn''t surprise me. Neither does getting great service from WF.
2.gif
Let us know how the diamond turns out!
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results