shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Experience at GSN

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RedHighHeels

Rough_Rock
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum. I just recently had a bad experience at Gem Shopping Network
and wanted to share my experience. I ordered a very nice and pricey gent''s ring for my husband. He was wearing
it around the house (with the tag still on it) when a diamond fell out of the ring. We called to inquire about
returning the ring since we considered it defective and they are charging us the re-stocking fee of $200. The ring
was only worn for about 10 minutes and a diamond fell out it. We had ordered a few other rings from them
before and were pleased with them and kept them. After this latest experience we are finished with them.
I cannot do business with a place that does not stand behind their products.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know if anyone has ordered from GSN, but I know restocking fees are common in mail-order situations. Yes, I realize you have a defective piece, and that's unfortunate. Have you looked into taking the ring to your local jeweler and having the stone reset? It would probably cost you less than $200.

We have had PS users with very high-end rings who have lost stones. It doesn't always mean the ring is cr@p.

ETA: I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I've lost stones and it's a pain (and a disappointment)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that GSN is giving you a hard time - sounds to me like you are justified in wanting to return it and get a refund.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really strange that they would not waive the restocking fee considering that a stone came loose, thus you are doubtful of the quality. Hudson Hawk is correct that it''ll probably cost you less to just have a local jeweller fix it than send it back.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never purchased a thing from GSN, but I do hear that their refund policy is horrible, and you have to pay a restocking fee. You also need to get an approval to return merchandise, which is another hassle. I watch GSN, and I think you can get much better values from many of the highly recommended PS vendors. I am also suspect of their lighting, and I personally cannot stand the fact that they call every single gemstone "Top Gem World Class" even when it''s clearly a mediocre gem. I also don''t like that they do not mention treatments on stones while they''re showcasing them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 10:52:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I have never purchased a thing from GSN, but I do hear that their refund policy is horrible, and you have to pay a restocking fee. You also need to get an approval to return merchandise, which is another hassle. I watch GSN, and I think you can get much better values from many of the highly recommended PS vendors. I am also suspect of their lighting, and I personally cannot stand the fact that they call every single gemstone ''Top Gem World Class'' even when it''s clearly a mediocre gem. I also don''t like that they do not mention treatments on stones while they''re showcasing them.

Ditto TL: They also always say that their gems are not treated, but I don''t believe that either.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results