shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad email

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Last week my principal emailed me and said she wanted to meet with me this week. She said she is bringing her supervisor and suggests I bring representation... I''ve never been written up for anything or verbally warned. I am a teacher. I am bringing a union rep. I talked to my union rep once and I am still waiting to hear back to talk to her again.

Thinking about the possibilities is making me sick to my stomach.

Have any of you ever been in a similar situation? Strategies? Help! I am so worried.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoa...

craziness

I hope everything is ok.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s.... really mean.
38.gif

I''d be sick with nerves all weekend.

They couldn''t even have the decency to tell you what it was concerning? Yikes.

I hope everything goes OK. Keep us updated. Sorry I don''t have any advice.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Elegant, I offer no advice, only support. I can only imagine how twisted up you must be inside worrying about this. What an inconsiderate method for communicating such a thing.

Please keep us updated on how you''re doing.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Could you reply and asking her to at least outline the nature of the meeting? I have the utmost respect for your profession and best wishes for the meeting

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 8:26:44 PM
Author: klewis
Could you reply and asking her to at least outline the nature of the meeting? I have the utmost respect for your profession and best wishes for the meeting
Thanks everyone for the support.

My union rep told me not to talk to her about anything without representation. Then the next day she told me I could ask. Needless to say, I did not ask for clarification.

I can't believe she can do this without any verbal or written warnings. People tell me this is the warning meeting. But I haven't done anything. It's all personal.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, that certainly is a heinous email to send! And leaving you understandably anxious and confused. I don''t have any advice, but wish you the best!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Elegant, my dad is an union rep in minnesota so i hear about things like this from time to time :) Basically if there is any sort of misunderstanding that could possibly be blown out of proportion they suggest a union rep to be there JUST IN CASE. From what I understand though is that most of the time it''s something some dumb kid or parent reported and is usually clarified and thats that. They are required to have a union rep there though just in case. Hopefully this will make you less anxious :) I''m sure it will all be fine! *hugs*

April20

Ideal_Rock
There is nothing I hate more than emails sent with no context that send you in a tailspin. I think they''re unprofessional, I really do.

I hope your meeting is not as dire as you fear. The only advice I have is to keep your composure no matter what.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry for the nerves and anxiousness you must be feeling right now, it is awful not knowing what this meeting is about. I''m sure if something is wrong this is just a warning or something, please update us on how it goes. My stomach is in literally in knots for you! Good luck :)

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry - she said that the meeting was about continuous problems she has had with communication with colleagues. Sorry I omitted that - I am so scared and freaked out right now.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurfy''s post makes me feel a bit better about the situation, it sounds like this may not be as serious as the email sounded.

I''m sorry to hear that (it sounds like) your colleagues are using personal issues to launch an attack on you. That''s ridiculous. As a teacher, I can definitely see how people could gang up on a colleague for any number of reasons and use their mass against someone. I''m so sorry you''re going through this. I''ll be thinking about you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huge HUGS!!!!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Its frustrating even more because I am new to the school and school district. It''s hard enough trying to fit in, now I have false accusations being thrown.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just so sorry to hear about this. I really feel for you, as I know first-hand how difficult it can be to maneuver through the politics of a school system.

Are your colleagues typically malcontents?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
This is awful, Elegant. I guess all you can try to do is keep your mind off it as much as possible. You are just wasting worries to project about what it might be. We''ll all be thinking about you and hoping for the best!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, Elegant. Hopefully your meeting will help clear things up.

Make sure you keep (print out) emails between you and the principal. You never know when you''ll need them!

Do let us know how your meeting goes!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that you are going through this, I am sure this has not made your weekend very relaxing having this hanging over your head. Hopefully everything will work out just fine.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Elegant.
Can you ask how to improve communication, how the school can help you, common prep time, etc? It seems like you are fighting a losing battle to have to do something that others insist you are not doing, but rather they aren''t into working with you. Just awful.

Your principal is super unprofessional. You had an earlier thread about these nasty coworkers, I am so sorry it is going downhill. Have your rep there indeed! hugs, what an awful way to spend a weekend.

I have spent a weekend like you just did, mulling it over, it turned out that my principal wanted to talk to me about an insane (clinically) parent. Pure formality, but a wasted weekend of worry. Feeling so badly for you! You can survive this, you deserve better!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with the meeting, Elegant. My co-worker has had a similar experience and ended up getting a letter in her file because of something really minor. It sucks when your principal focuses on petty things. I''m glad you''ll have your union rep with you. (((HUGS)))

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, what an awful e-mail...way to ruin your weekend.

I know it is easy to panic right now, but please try to remain calm and collected...if you''re like me, your head is creating all sorts of horrible senarios and you''re just freaking out. It does no one any favors. So, try to relax...if this is something serious, then you''ll have time to cope and deal..until then, you need to work on staying positive and rally around yourself so you''re emotionally prepared for whatever happens.

Big hugs, and tons of support...you''re going to be okay--no matter what!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:26:43 PM
Author: TheBigT

Make sure you keep (print out) emails between you and the principal. You never know when you''ll need them!

I have been documenting everything. I have emails all printed out and I have been taking notes at my grade level meetings because she has once accused me of not participating in grade level meetings and preps.

And yes, my weekend is ruined with crazy thoughts. I spoke to my union rep and she talked to me about what will happen, etc. so I feel a bit better. I can only hope for the best but expect the worst I guess. Thanks you guys! I''ll update tomorrow.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:54:17 PM
Author: Elegant

I have been documenting everything. I have emails all printed out and I have been taking notes at my grade level meetings because she has once accused me of not participating in grade level meetings and preps.

And yes, my weekend is ruined with crazy thoughts. I spoke to my union rep and she talked to me about what will happen, etc. so I feel a bit better. I can only hope for the best but expect the worst I guess. Thanks you guys! I''ll update tomorrow.
Glad you have everything documented. You hold your head high elegant. I am glad you have a good union rep to go with you. Best of luck for tomorrow.
35.gif
I will say a prayer things go well for you. That PS dust does wonders.
5.gif
12.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I hope your meeting goes well and that it is of the kind that Smurfysmiles described. Keep us updated. Best of luck.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 12:08:22 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Glad you have everything documented. You hold your head high elegant. I am glad you have a good union rep to go with you. Best of luck for tomorrow.
35.gif
5.gif
12.gif
Thanks for the dust! I need it!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 12:08:22 AM
Author: Kaleigh

35.gif
5.gif
12.gif

Ditto :), you have everything listed which works highly in your favour, no matter what try as hard as you can to stay calm.

Good luck tommorow, I really hope everything goes well :).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goodluck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

What an awful thing to do to you over the weekend.
38.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
best of luck Elegant!
My mom is a teacher and has gone through similar meetings. it can be very rough when you''re new.

Stay positive!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I''m so sorry you have to deal with this. I''m glad you''ve started documenting things and you can have your own representation there for you. At least you have someone in your corner at the meeting.

Best of luck, please tell us how things go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results