shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad e-ring shopping experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 3:41:53 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/24/2009 5:45:29 PM
Author: Bimbi
Actually, his exact words were that 8k is the average for an e-ring, not an e-ring like the one that I want. In any case, I expect that when you are paying someone 5k for something that most likely costs them 50% less, they would be very enthusiastic or at least try to sound enthusiastic to make you feel confident you are spending your money as wisely as possible. I do not expect jewelers to pass judgement. Maybe that''s just my standard and the way I do business with my clients.

Elle, I considered the above trashing-- I think it would put newbies off, and people who expect reasonable and good customer service. Up until then, I was responding to her (and linking her to other vendors, like HPD) because I agree with you 100%. If there is no click don''t go for it. But I guess I feel like from the above Bimbi is not going to be satisfied with any vendor until she understands the industry better, and also stops to consider the fact that conversations and interactions involve two people. And it''s not always the other person who is 100% at fault. Sometimes you have to look to yourself and your own expectations and knowledge and wonder if the source of ''communication difficulties'' is you.
Bimbi clearly does not understand how the industry operates (prices, margins, etc.). In fact, she admits as much: "Maybe that''s just my standard ..." Her statement above is merely the statement of a confused consumer, as most of us once were, and not "trashing." Perhaps she hasn''t returned because she''s been scared off by the harsh words said here? Like Elle noted, whether or not Mark behaved as reported is moot. What matters is that Bimbi''s e-ring shopping experience is not marred. If she returns, maybe we can point her to Wink, who did well by Maisie.

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
Bimbi--

I am sorry your e-ring shopping experience hasn''t been good. I think the thing to remember is that you are the one spending the money, and you should feel satisfied with your purchase and with the seller. There is no reason not to. It''s possible to work through it if you don''t feel that way with a seller, and that could be very worthwhile. I can''t really say whether you should adjust your expectations or not like everyone else is, I''m no expert. I just think that with the number of sellers out there, you can probably find one who will leave you feeling happy (and you should feel happy for 5K! That is nothing to sneeze at).

Good luck on your search, I am sure you''ll find the perfect ring.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results