shape
carat
color
clarity

Back with more questions . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bostonlawstudent

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
Hopefully I am not wearing out my welcome here
1.gif
I first want to thank you for your helpful information. You have already steered me clear of some bad decisions...

Here''s the new stone on the block let me know your thoughts
1.gif
. I think after hours of research I am finally wisening up a bit.

1.36 (H&A) round brilliant GIA CERT
7.18 - 7.19 - 4.39 mm
Depth: 61.2
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.6 deg
Pav Angle: 40.9 deg
Culet: .6
Girdle: 1.3%
Pol: ex
Sym: ex
Clarity: vs2
Color: g
Fluor: None
PRICE: $9,055

Any input as to the value here and what the scintillation/brilliance and fire of this stone might look like are welcome. I want my sweetie to have a winner
1.gif

Thanks again all!

BLS
1.gif

Yoga

Rough_Rock
BLS, what school are you going to? I went to BCLS.

bostonlawstudent

Rough_Rock
Yoga, Suffolk evening student. Are you still local? Any local diamond advise you care to share?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone specs scream "winner".
appl.gif
I'm not sure about price as I was only pricing out SI-1's but the stone itself is nice. Have you seen it or will you have the chance to see it? Have the vendor do a BScope if they can. Even if they dont own a machine or dont have anyone in the area that can do it, they can send the stone to GemEx & they can do it (at least thats what the employee at GemEx had told me when I was early in my search).

Good luck!

Judy
:)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I found the stone you are looking at, it looks pretty darn good! The H&A images are very nice, the GIA plot looks clean and the inclusions are hardly even visible at extra extra powerful magnfication, nice choice!! The HCA score is very good as well.

The price looks good too though its hard to determine a comparison as that is the only well cut G VS2 I could find in your immediate carat range to compare. The closest was a 1.46 H VS2 I found that was from the same vendor your stone is from, but it was not H&A and it was around $800 cheaper. Whiteflash also had a 1.29 H VS1 I think for $7900 or around there. So for one color jump...this seems like a pretty good price!

Great eye and good luck..let us know what you decide.

bostonlawstudent

Rough_Rock
I want to thank you all for your advice this far.

I went the 1.36 H&A that I listed previously in this thread. I have the stone in hand and it looks BEAUTIFUL (I must admit it looks bigger than I expected; a bit of concern here because my honey is a teensy)! I am taking it to Marty Haske tomorrow, so we shall see how it stacks up.

Now onto the next step of my journey. I have been thinking about having a setting custom made for her. I would also buy her a "stock" setting if it really "worked." She mentioned that she wants something that is "antique looking." She would prefer platinum and doesnt want anything thick b/c she is very thin. Also, she is athletic, so I don't think we want the diamond to sit TOO high (but still want it showcased nicely). I personally like the Vatche (sp??) settings, but was thinking of having one made.

Do any of you have any ideas for settings that are a little ornate, delicate, yet not engraved like crazy (if at all)? I am trying my best to get my creative juices flowing...
Thanks All!
Jay
1.gif

justme

Shiny_Rock
here the address of a site that has a ton of rings although the quality of some of the pictures is lacking.

http://www.ejeweler.com/antiquescout.htm

Justme

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results