shape
carat
color
clarity

% back on RAP????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Newbie333

Rough_Rock
I see alot of talk on here about how much % back on RAP is considered a ''good deal''...

Question is: WHO PAYS THE RAP PRICE??? Anyone?

* or is this the ''retail'' price? Then % back is a good deal?

* so should you ALWAYS get %% back on RAP??

* or is % back on RAP a WHOLESALE PRICE from dealer to retailer????

If one was to SELL a stone TO A DEALER, what price would they be willing to pay back on RAP?

Thanks for info!!

-NB333

1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Question is: WHO PAYS THE RAP PRICE??? Anyone?
----------------
Consumers... and perhaps dealers for branded goods such as HonF but this is just my guess.
----------------
* or is this the 'retail' price? Then % back is a good deal?
----------------
It depends on cut quality. Difference can be 20%-30% depending on cut quality and grading report (AGS graded diamonds would cost you more than say IGI)
----------------
* so should you ALWAYS get %% back on RAP??
----------------
Not necessary. Depends on where you're buying and cut quality. You can find branded ideal cut stones listed above Rap price in the web.
----------------
* or is % back on RAP a WHOLESALE PRICE from dealer to retailer????
----------------
in the trade diamond price is calculated as discount from Rap.
----------------
If one was to SELL a stone TO A DEALER, what price would they be willing to pay back on RAP?
----------------
Depends on the cut quality, certificate and liquidity of the stone. I don't think you should ask price based on discount from Rap. Just shop around and see who'll offer you the best deal or consignment conditions.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results