shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from New Zealand and guess what? I have pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:12:36 AM
Author: Sabine
Wow, what an amazing trip! Thank you for posting those gorgeous pictures! I''m seriously in awe!

No problem and thank you for looking! I''m already in vacation withdrawal
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:36:23 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Such gorgeous photos! That looks like such a lovely place and such a great place for a vacation. Might have to keep that in mind! I think the lake photos are my favorite. Then again, I love seals and dolphins, hehe.
1.gif
Beautiful photos by the way - you did a great job!!

If you get the chance, go! And thank you! I loved the lakes...when we came across Pukaki we had just crested a hill and BAM there it was. BF nearly drove off the road in surprise! [:razz:])

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:55:10 AM
Author: Maisie
The photos are fantastic! Can I ask what made you sick? I like to know these things lol!

I don''t think I could cram so much into a holiday. You did very well!

Hehe no problem. BF just had a slight cold - he had to postpone skydiving because his sinuses weren''t doing well and apparently it''s REALLY painful if you have a sinus problem and you go skydiving. I think I caught a little of his cold, and there was just a LOT of stress on that all-day glacier hike (and the non-stop driving, touring, sightseeing, etc.) and I think that''s what did it. Unfortunately for me my cold lasted until we got back home, but it wasn''t too bad. I was just mad because I lost my sense of taste and I had been enjoying all the guilt-free red meat eating until then!

And thank you!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG, I LOVE your pictures. They are so beautiful. Love the lambs and the glaciers and especially the dolphins.
30.gif
30.gif
. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:02:33 AM
Author: tlh
What a wonderful trip! I am soo happy you got to enjoy yourself!!! GORGEOUS!!!
36.gif

Thanks TLH!
1.gif
We definitely enjoyed ourselves - it was hard to come back to cold Chicago!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:03:22 AM
Author: cellentani
Yea for this thread!! I''m so glad you took the time to post all of these great pics. After reading through, I almost feel like I just had a mini vacation. I''m feeling my age though, because I don''t think I would have been able to do all of the things you guys did - man, that glacier hike looked fierce. The horseback riding would have been right up my alley though. You got some fabulous photos, are you going to frame any? My favorites are Kawarau Bridge (the color of that glacier water is unbelievable), the little stream you passed by on the way to Milford Sound and the cloudy morning sky (same trek, I think). And I actually did lol at the seal colony pic - I spent a few moments trying to find the darn seal before reading your next post - stupid me!

I''m so happy that you and BF were able to do this; I dream of traveling like this (sans bungy jumping, of course) once the kids are all away - only 12 more years, lol. Enjoy your many memories, and hope you can transition back to UofC life quickly. Based on your posting times, your sleep schedule is still a little wacky!

Hehe I was totally procrastinating from writing my paper on trademarks last night. That was why this thread sprang up at an odd hours
5.gif
I think tonight will be much better since I''m now exhausted!

BF''s favorite picture is that little stream on the way to Milford (and to give credit where credit''s due, that''s one of his pictures - I have pics of the same stream but his came out wonderfully). I''d love to frame some of these - I''m so terrible about getting on that though (and finding space to put things up). Sorry about the seal colony! I was looking at it in small thumbnails when deciding which pics to put up and didn''t realize until I posted it that there was no seal, lol.

It was a wonderful but tiring two weeks. But BF next wants to spend about 7 weeks in South America at the end of the summer. If we do do that, I really hope we have a slightly more leisurely pace or I might not make it back!
5.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:13:18 AM
Author: Tuckins1
Wow! Such beautiful pictures! It sounds like you guys had a blast!

We definitely did! Thank you!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:21:42 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Wow, those pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them with us
36.gif

Aw thank you! I''m glad you liked them!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:24:32 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 4/13/2009 4:01:03 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

And I got to hold another lamb! Only about 4 weeks old...

This pic is soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it''d be cuter without that big black dot.

Hehe I''m not quite ready to come out of my black-dot shell yet!
5.gif
But thanks!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:54:18 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Gorgeous photos, BEG! Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks Zoe!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:56:06 PM
Author: Skippy123
I am in awe of your pictures, what a fabulous trip!!!
36.gif
36.gif
love the dolphins and the glacier! It looks so gorgeous out there!

Thank you Skippy dear! The dolphins were so cute and happy! Seriously, New Zealand has awesome animals
1.gif
If only I could keep some and bring them home as pets...but a dolphin would not be happy in my small apartment!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:02:51 PM
Author: Linda W
BEG, I LOVE your pictures. They are so beautiful. Love the lambs and the glaciers and especially the dolphins.
30.gif
30.gif
. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time.

Thank you Linda! And thank you for taking the time to look through all these! Weren''t the lambs adorable? And the dolphins! I''m so jealous of BF - he got to swim with them. I REALLY need to learn how to swim!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Awsome pictures, BEG!! Such a beautiful place! Thank you so much for sharing!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love all your pictures! They make me feel like I just went to some lovely, faraway place, too! I especially love the dolphin photos--they are the most amazing animals. Thanks for sharing! And feel free to ''torture'' us with more photos
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:32:20 PM
Author: mochi
Awsome pictures, BEG!! Such a beautiful place! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Thank you Mochi! And thank you for looking!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:53:31 PM
Author: kittybean
Oh, I love all your pictures! They make me feel like I just went to some lovely, faraway place, too! I especially love the dolphin photos--they are the most amazing animals. Thanks for sharing! And feel free to ''torture'' us with more photos
2.gif

Thank you Kittybean! I''m glad you liked them!
1.gif
Hehe well watch out - this may become my favorite paper-writing procrastination tool
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You''re lucky to have gotten a full 2 weeks in the South Island. We had 15 days for both islands!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 2:32:42 PM
Author: musey
Beautiful! You''re lucky to have gotten a full 2 weeks in the South Island. We had 15 days for both islands!!

Thanks Musey! Wow that must have been such a great busy 2 weeks! Where in the South Island did you end up going?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures! They bring back such wonderful memories. We spent two weeks flying/driving/taking the train around both the north and south islands in 2006 and it was one of the most enjoyable and incredible vacations we have ever taken.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 8:36:11 PM
Author: Sundial
Oh thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures! They bring back such wonderful memories. We spent two weeks flying/driving/taking the train around both the north and south islands in 2006 and it was one of the most enjoyable and incredible vacations we have ever taken.

No problem! Thank you for looking - I''m glad you liked them! That sounds like a wonderful vacation as well - I''d love to go back and spend time just on the North Island. The only bad part about the trip was that one of my good college friends is living in NZ - but on the North Island - so I didn''t have a chance to see him.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:52:24 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Date: 4/14/2009 2:32:42 PM
Author: musey
Beautiful! You're lucky to have gotten a full 2 weeks in the South Island. We had 15 days for both islands!!

Thanks Musey! Wow that must have been such a great busy 2 weeks! Where in the South Island did you end up going?
Oh goodness, I feel like I would need to refer to my notes (we kept a travel journal) to remember everything!!
3.gif
I think I listed everything in my wedding/honeymoon brief recap thread. Would link you but I'm on my phone.

We did Fiji first, then flew into Christchurch. We stayed there, Dunedin, Queenstown/Milford Sound, Fox Glacier (loved the glacier hike) and Nelson... And stopped at every point of interest within an hour detour of the roads between. We saw so much stuff that, while I remember the visuals, I don't at all remember the names! But basically we did every must-see between those stays, then ferried across, saw as much as humanly possible on the North Island, then flew home. We had limited time and limited budget, and knew the chances of us getting back to NZ anytime before retirement were not high, so we had to see EVERYTHING we could in those 15 days!!

I really need to go back through all our pictures (yikes!) and match up locations to memories
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results