shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from my honeymoon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH and I just got back from our belated honeymoon to the Florida Keys and I wanted to post a few pictures. We had a alot of fun exploring and relaxing and I definitely recommend it as a great tropical vacation for anyone on a budget.

We stayed in this small resort which was just a few cottages grouped together on a private beach. There was an outdoor shower, a cabana, hammocks, and lots of lounge chairs along with a dock. We can''t wait to go back... the hosts were amazing and helpful and we couldn''t have asked for a better vacation really.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
This is the view of the famous sunset from the dock.

Picture36.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the size... I'm the worst at this.

We were laying on the beach (which is on the bayside, not oceanside) and this little guy appeared out of nowhere and nearly gave me a heartattack! I'd never seen an iguana in the wild before and I don't think he was sure what to make of us either so we stared until he finally decided it would be safe to cross in front of us. We named him Roberto. He was about 3 feet long!

NEWiguana.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We made reservations to go sailing on a catamaran in Key Largo for 2 different days but they kept cancelling because they didn''t have enough people. Finally we just decided to do one in Key West and I''m really glad we did. We were upgraded for free to the special sunset sail with free appetizers and drinks and a really great band. DH got to help raise the sail... I was totally jealous. Here''s us on the boat.

ussailing.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
There''s a place called "Robbie''s" in Islamorada and apparently (back in the 60s I think) Robbie found a tarpon that had been injured so he called someone to help stitch up his mouth with some twine. After the tarpon healed he kept coming back to Robbie''s dock and would bring friends. Now there are tarpon allllll over the place. You can buy some little fish and hold them out and the tarpon jump wayyyy out of the water to catch them but are always careful not the bite your hand. These fish are huge... most were longer than me!

tarpon.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
This is mile marker ZERO in Key West!

endofroad.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
And DH giving an Aggie WHOOP! at the "Southernmost Point" of the U.S.

southermostwhoop.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
A picture of the sail from our catamaran...

sailing.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
And the sunset from the boat.

sailsunset.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
We stayed in Tavernier which is near Key Largo and then made the 2 hour trip down to Key West on the last day. The drive was really nice and we put the satellite radio on the "Margaritaville" channel. The drive back to the Fort Lauderdale airport was a different story though... we got too close to the Miami airport and the traffic was HORRENDOUS! I was so worried about getting the rental car back in one piece
32.gif

Anyways, thanks for letting me share our vacation!
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
WOW that looks awesome, glad to hear you had such a fantastic time :D

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oobiecoo! What gorgeous pictures! I''m so glad that you guys had such a wonderful honeymoon.... Thanks for sharing!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a wonderful honeymoon! Lovely pictures of the sunset!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a lovely time!
2.gif

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Great pictures, thanks for posting! I love that pic of the fishies! Would you mind sharing the name of your hotel? We''re always on the lookout for small local hotels in cool places.
9.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Cute pics! I''m so glad that you made it to Robbie''s! I love that place and I always make a point to get there when I''m in the Keys. I love feeding the Tarpon! Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Glad you had a great time in the Keys. I love it there. I wish I had known you were going. I would have recommended Morada by the Bay restaurant which is my favorite restaurant on our way to Key West. You can sit on the beach and eat. Its awesome.

And you guys had good weather! The Keys is gorgeous this time of the year.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great photos! Glad that you had fun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pictures; you two are cutie pies!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures! I love the Keys! I remember seeing those tarpon too. They were a bit scary ... especially when this little kid was dangling his hand into the water
23.gif

Also, off topic, it hit me that you look sooo much like one of my high school friends in your pics. Weird! I didn''t notice the similarity when you posted your wedding pics, but I see it now.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the keys!
36.gif
That''s one of my favorite childhood trips. Glad you had a good time!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Love the photos it looks beautiful!
30.gif
Looks like y''all had a great time, thank you for sharing with us!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back, Oobiecoo. I''m gald you and DH had such a wonderful trip!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 1:48:02 AM
Author: oobiecoo
And the sunset from the boat.
Love this picture!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 3:00:47 PM
Author: fieryred33143
Glad you had a great time in the Keys. I love it there. I wish I had known you were going. I would have recommended Morada by the Bay restaurant which is my favorite restaurant on our way to Key West. You can sit on the beach and eat. Its awesome.

And you guys had good weather! The Keys is gorgeous this time of the year.
We didn''t go to Morada on the Bay... I did make a huge list of restaurants I found on tripadvisor though for us to try... complete with an overview of what the served, where it was located, and the prices. I''m a list-maker so I couldn''t help myself! Anyway, we only ended up going to one of the places on my list because I was sick the whole time and most of my places served seafood which I was NOT into at the time. The only seafood we ate was at Ballyhoo''s in Key Largo and it was good.

BigDiamonds- Our place was called Island Bay Resort (www.islandbayresort.com). It is owned by a couple of Texans (where we live!) who also happen to be Aggies just like my husband and I. There were only maybe 8 cottages and it was never fully booked so its nice and quiet. One night the power went out while we were trying to pack to leave... we didn''t have any candles or anything so we walked outside and took a little stroll in the moonlight. It was a little chilly but VERY romantic! Anyway, I definitely recommend the resort for some quiet relaxation. It seems most of the guests are older so you probably won''t find any crazy spring-breakers or anything like that ever.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 6:45:18 PM
Author: elrohwen
Great pictures! I love the Keys! I remember seeing those tarpon too. They were a bit scary ... especially when this little kid was dangling his hand into the water
23.gif

Also, off topic, it hit me that you look sooo much like one of my high school friends in your pics. Weird! I didn't notice the similarity when you posted your wedding pics, but I see it now.
The tarpon were kind of scary but not nearly as scary as the PELICANS! They were EVERYWHERE and would come out of nowhere and snatch your fish away viciously. Some other guests took a net and started poking it at them to shoo them away but it didn't stop them for too long.

I've had a few people say I look familiar/similar to someone they know... I think I just have generic looks lol.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! Glad you had fun
1.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you had an amazing and relaxing honeymoon!! Those sunset pics are just beautiful! I can never get tired of the sun setting over the ocean...There is something so calming about it! I actually have a pic as my desktop of a sunset when FI and I went to Hawaii...When I get stressed at work it helps...sorta
3.gif

Anyhoo...Welcome back! Glad you had a good time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results