shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Egypt. I didn''t get a ring BUT....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I got some sort of bacteria/infection/parasite. I won''t know for sure what it is until the doctor gets results from some tests. I won''t into details, but let''s just say that I''m so dehydrated that the nurse who drew my blood for tests today couldn''t find my vein and had to poke around in my other arm (and I''m always told I have "great veins" when I have my blood drawn).

SO did not propose, and I knew he wasn''t going to, but there were about 1 million romantic moments during the trip that would have been perfect for a proposal. Oh well.

Anyway, so here I sit, taking ANOTHER day off work, drinking Gatorade and trying to catch up with the PS gossip.

What did I miss?!?
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear about your "BUG" and that you didn''t get your egyptian proposal. That said, I hope you had a nice trip! I''d love to see the pyramids!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Bummer about the bug, ick!
14.gif
Glad the trip was great otherwise! Hope to see some pictures soon
31.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Ooo do you have pics? I''ve always been mildly fascinated with Egypt.

Hope you''re feeling better soon!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, i am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon, it always sucks when you dont feel well......

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 12:58:33 PM
Author:Iowa Lizzy
I got some sort of bacteria/infection/parasite. I won''t know for sure what it is until the doctor gets results from some tests. I won''t into details, but let''s just say that I''m so dehydrated that the nurse who drew my blood for tests today couldn''t find my vein and had to poke around in my other arm (and I''m always told I have ''great veins'' when I have my blood drawn).

SO did not propose, and I knew he wasn''t going to, but there were about 1 million romantic moments during the trip that would have been perfect for a proposal. Oh well.

Anyway, so here I sit, taking ANOTHER day off work, drinking Gatorade and trying to catch up with the PS gossip.

What did I miss?!?
9.gif
23.gif
23.gif

i was expecting "beautiful RHR" or "Necklace!"
but...
23.gif

I hope you feel better soon!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never posted a photo on PS from my mac before, so if this doesn''t work. I apologize. If it does, then this is S and I at the pyramids at Giza.

egyptpicpyramids.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It appeared to have worked! Thanks everyone for the get well wishes!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome pic - did a guy try to take your picture and then ask for money? I thought that place was hilarious - I think I have a similar picture but the guy had taken his head scarf and put it on my dad.

I''m glad you had a good trip minus the bug! Hope you feel better soon.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 7:16:05 PM
Author: october2008bride
Awesome pic - did a guy try to take your picture and then ask for money? I thought that place was hilarious - I think I have a similar picture but the guy had taken his head scarf and put it on my dad.

I''m glad you had a good trip minus the bug! Hope you feel better soon.
Actually, yes! I did take a picture with a guy and then he made me give him a dollar. Quite a scam. And I spent the rest of the day worrying that I was going to get head lice from wearing his icky scarf.

mustafasheadscarf.jpg

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS photos of those pyramids, how awesome! You and SO are just adorable together!

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
I bet you have dysentery. I know 3 people that came home from Egypt with it. Whatever it is, I am sorry you are sickie
7.gif

The pictures are beautiful! Lucky girl :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry you''re sick! Egypt is one of my dream destinations, I''m jealous. Well not of the gastro problems...)

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
I''m, sorry you''re sick but what an awesome trip you went on!!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the pyramids!! awesome pics!! WOW!!

I hope you feel better though!
14.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Here's picture of us at the gallabeya party on the Nile cruise. S wore a traditional gallabeya and I wore a belly dancing outfit. He was constantly asked by the locals if he was Egyptian during this trip. He's not. Just English and German. No one knows where the dark hair and skin comes from. All his brothers have the same "look" too.

gallabeyaparty1.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that sucks that you were sick, but MAN that trip looks totally awesome!!
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry about your whole "bug" thing--but you two look pretty cute!!

Get well soon--Sharon

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
At a temple in Esna

esnatemple.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the great comments! It was a FANTASTIC vacation. It was actually more like an expedition. Not a lot of down time.

This picture is of us when we actually had the afternoon at our leisure. I like it because we''re on the Nile river cruise, but you can see the temple of Luxor in the background.

nilecruiseluxor.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear you`re sick!! But it`s great that you had an awesome trip!! I`ve always been fascinated by Egypt, and DH is too, so it`s definitely on our ''to go'' list!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results