shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby red spinels!

Eady

Rough_Rock
Very excited that my little red spinels from The Gem Trader arrived today.

They're small cushion cuts .55tcw.

I love the colour off them! I wasn't able to get photos with the sun, just evening daylight.

IMG_9960.JPG

Now the question is, how best to set them?

I have a couple of baby sapphires I could pair it with for earrings, or some sort of pendant... I would prefer not a ring as I have a couple of ring projects underway already.

Photos with the sapphires:
IMG_9967.JPG
IMG_9973.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote earrings! :love:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow they're so cute!!! I could just eat them up haha.

I vote earrings too... But no way simple studs! I'm picturing elaborate, colourful...glorious!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They belong in the Skittles thread! :lol:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Another vote for earrings. Show us when you set them. We don't get to see too many pairs of earrings on here.

Eady

Rough_Rock
Thanks all!
I think I will go earrings.. maybe a rainbow cluster if I could get a nice pair of blue and it purple stones so go with them.. hmm..

:lol: Yes they probably could have fit in another thread, I was just so exited when I opened the mail. They do look a bit like skittles :lol:

I will definitely update when I end up setting them!

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
263a56df60edaca285bada6561e4b28f.jpg
Eady something like this

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's always so exciting to open up a new gem package!
They are so pretty. What a score! I love the earring idea Tonysgeko posted. That would be so gorgeous.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them. I vote earrings as well.

Eady

Rough_Rock
263a56df60edaca285bada6561e4b28f.jpg
Eady something like this

Oh they're lovely!!! And similar shapes to my stones. Now to find some tiny blue stones to finish off the set! Thanks for the inspiration!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:) :) :) Lovely babies.

Yes, earrings! I have a pair...

Eady

Rough_Rock
Ooh, would you have a photo of them Arkteia?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eady, I tried to pull them out, and it did not work out because I took the photo when they were dangling in the air. Very blurry. Mine are two garnets and chrome tourmalines between them. I ordered them through RW Gems. Good job, very good prices, and fast. (I have good jewelers next to my home, two, but oy, the time...). I can show pictures of RW Gems, because it was a nice job, and I shall try to get a better picture at home. I had two pyropes and two rhodolites, accumulated over time, and with smaller chrome tourmalines, they look very nice. Also, the difference in colors is not seen at all. They are pretty glowy IRL. I shall also show you another pair later, a different style, with spinels, a somewhat different idea. But need to get home first and make photos.

earrings2.jpg

earrings3.jpg

Eady

Rough_Rock
Eady, I tried to pull them out, and it did not work out because I took the photo when they were dangling in the air. Very blurry. Mine are two garnets and chrome tourmalines between them. I ordered them through RW Gems. Good job, very good prices, and fast. (I have good jewelers next to my home, two, but oy, the time...). I can show pictures of RW Gems, because it was a nice job, and I shall try to get a better picture at home. I had two pyropes and two rhodolites, accumulated over time, and with smaller chrome tourmalines, they look very nice. Also, the difference in colors is not seen at all. They are pretty glowy IRL. I shall also show you another pair later, a different style, with spinels, a somewhat different idea. But need to get home first and make photos.

earrings2.jpg

earrings3.jpg

They are beautiful, I love the detailing on the side! The chrome tourmalines give it a nice pop as well. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results