shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Paraiba Flower Ring

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
I just had to make a new thread for the finished ring :kiss2:

Thank you to everyone that helped me choose the setting, this was absolutely the best out of all the options. It's from MyGourmette on Etsy, Cheri was wonderful all throughout the process (and very patient, I'd been asking about this setting for a year before I made the jump), and I'm still really surprised at the beauty of the craftsmanchip: the slope, the slightly raised petals, the flawless milgrain, and the overall super dainty-but-elaborate look which I love.

The stone is from Charles Brian, he's on eBay and Instagram), he's Brazilian and quite passionate about paraibas. He also helped me with the GIA cert which came in handy when I had it set as the jeweler who set the stone could not believe it was a tourmaline, because "it does not look or behave like a semi-precious stone, even the cut is too much like a diamond, are you sure this is not a color-treated diamond?" He then looked at the report quite closely, and said "ok, so... tourmaline... and GIA?... Well, this is weird. I'd never seen anything like it".

Needless to say, Paraibas are not common over here. I don't want to say I have the only one in my city (maybe) but I've never seen one being sold or worn here.

Pictures!

By a window:

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3918.jpg

Indoor, but catching a ray of sunlight:

IMG_3922.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

Indoor, natural light:

IMG_3926.jpg

Backlit, just to play with the diamonds:

IMG_3921.jpg

At the jewelers', artificial light:

IMG_3882 2.jpg

At the mall, artificial light:

IMG_3886.jpg

SO in love with this ring :kiss2:

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: small but mighty!! Its gorgeous!!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your special and unique ring! It looks perfect on you!

Congratulations on packing a power punch of color in a graceful, sweet setting. Wishing you much happiness!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone and setting are beautiful :love:. It looks very lovely on your hand.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is magnificent in every way! Thank you for sharing so much detail about your process. It looks stunning on you. Wonderful jewel and beautifully executed setting...

gwcynthia

Rough_Rock
Just gorgeous!!

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
It's so delicate and gorgeous, congratulations!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results