shape
carat
color
clarity

baby jewelry for the mama

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Both of my children were born in March. I would like to have/design a ring, pendent, or bracelet with 2 aquamarine stones. Currently I am loving estate jewels edwardian or art deco. I wear a lot of platnium, but would be open to white or rose gold. I would like this piece to be an everyday piece. Any website / designer thoughts?

Thanks so much!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on your budget. What is it?

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
The budget is around $300 - $500 ish. I could make a case to DH to spend more but with the economy...etc, I think I will try to keep the budget in check.

mercoledi - I love the ones you suggested esp. the last one. I am going to take another look.

Thanks so much for the help.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think you''d have a really tough time getting that ring made for $500. How about this one?

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Really beautiful ,Kismet. Thanks for the link. I was also considering a pendant.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What about a bypass ring? I think thats what the style is called.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Like tis type of thing but with aquamarines.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PRETTY-VICTORIAN-GOLD-SAPPHIRE-PEARL-BYPASS-RING_W0QQitemZ380088267591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Fine_Jewelry

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oops someone posted the same idea. Thats what I get for posting before reading!

Have you checked the casting company sites like Adwar? They might have something in your budget and a local jeweler can probably order something for you if you see somethng you like. Wink jones has some casting company type settings on his site.

That ring I posted on Ebay would probably be an inexpensive style and if you wanted you could have small diamonds instead of pearls. Or maybe you could even use that one and have sapphires put in. I didn't catch the price.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get the parts for this ring on ebay.

This dealer sells reproduction antique style mounts. Your jeweler can polish them up. He can cast the designs in rose gold, but it takes a while to get your ring then.

http://stores.ebay.com/BlufoxxCreations

This dealer sells aquamarines that are very nice and in calibrated sizes.

Vallejo916. His pictures are terrible, but his cutting is nice and prices are decent for the cutting.

I think your ring could be made for that budget. You would just have to go without diamonds.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
One more question.....

If I bought and then brought stud earrings to a jewler, then the stones could be placed in either a pendant or ring, correct? Are there sites out there that show pendant and right hand ring mountings

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Try stuller and adwar. I''m pretty sure I mentioned adwar above.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results