shape
carat
color
clarity

B&M''s in the Northern Virginia Area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frankrmineo

Rough_Rock
Anyone know of any reputable B&M''s in the Northern Virginia Area. I specifically live in Sterling, VA...so the closer the better.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of PS''er have had great experience with Quest Jewelers. I would suggest doing a search for Quest here and googling Quest Jewelers. I know that they are in Nova- not exactly sure where though.
good luck!

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 4:20:57 PM
Author:frankrmineo
Anyone know of any reputable B&M''s in the Northern Virginia Area. I specifically live in Sterling, VA...so the closer the better.

Charleston Alexander (Falls Church)
Mervis Diamond Importers (Tysons Corner)
Bailey, Banks, and Biddle (Fair Oaks Mall, Tysons Corner Mall)
Tiffany''s (Tysons Corner)
Cartier (Tysons Corner)

But, if I were you, I would actually call Quest Jewelers (located in Fairfax). They are custom jewelers, but they might be willing to source only a diamond for you. You just need to ask. They could get you a better price on a quality diamond than any of the B&M''s listed above (or most any B&M, IMO).

As with most B&M''s, you should probably spend a few weeks reading PS and arm yourself with information before going shopping. This way, you''ll be able to weed out any duds and not have to rely on any "friendly advice" given by a biased salesperson. I personally went to the Charleston Alexander in Bethesda and the BBB at Fair Oaks and Tysons Corner malls. Salespeople in all stores were both helpful but after a few weeks on PS, I found myself correcting some of their advice!
3.gif

frankrmineo

Rough_Rock
I have been scouring this site for a few days. I have my finances in line and have been shopping with the gf to find her likes and dislikes at all the malls. After today it was like my whole world was flipped upside down.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2007 4:39:37 PM
Author: frankrmineo
I have been scouring this site for a few days. I have my finances in line and have been shopping with the gf to find her likes and dislikes at all the malls. After today it was like my whole world was flipped upside down.

You''re on the right track!
36.gif
Don''t worry, the diamond hunt can be daunting but rest assured that you have PS resources at the tips of your fingertips! We can help you find the best bang for your buck. It looks like many PSers have given some good advice in your other thread.

I''d recommend continue searching for the perfect center stone from an online vendor (if you feel comfortable buying online, which it seems you are.) Continue looking at B&M''s with the GF to find out what settings she likes and dislikes. Write down the info (brand/designer, style number, etc.) and come back and post here! If they''ll let you, try and take a pic at the store. If we can, we''ll try to help you find the setting at a better price than what the B&M is quoting you.

Keep up the good work!
1.gif

frankrmineo

Rough_Rock
She was in love with a setting from Jared''s Yesterday...I would even be willing to purchase the setting from them becuase the price for that wasn''t outragous and I haven''t seen anything like it on-line yet. I am still working on the logistics of buying the diamond on-line and having the on-line seller set the ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results