shape
carat
color
clarity

B&M vs. Internet price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ZhenyaH

Rough_Rock
I''ve posted several messages already--most of them alluding to the fact that I''m not too too happy with my ring. So I''m searching for a different stone from the same store.

We paid $5250 for the stone alone--SI1, G, 1.03 carat box radiant--and I know that the price I paid was significantly higher than for the ones of similar qualities you''d find on the internet. But what''s the typical makr-up for B&M stores? Since I''d need to get the new stone from the same store, I want to have an idea of what I can get. If the quality is nice I can spend a little more--1k absolute max--to get the diamond of my dream.

The stone I currently ranks 3B overall and $5250 is waaaay too high for that quality!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Can you describe what makes the diamond of your dreams? I assume it's a box radiant, well cut (2B or better), and maybe a bit larger in size? Or better clarity of color?

Considering those things, I would say that unless that store has quite a FEW box radiants, you may be searchin a while. Why? Generic box radiants are NOT well cut, and to find one at ONE store is like finding a needle in a haystack...literally. Unless he is an authorized dealer of Grossbard's radiants, it's a tough find to get a well cut stone in good clarity, carat and color. Be heartened that a 1ct is absolutely average for the radiants bought, and so perhaps the size won't be the problem, but I can guess the cut will be still...

I wish you nothing but the best of luck, but if at all possible can you use another vendor if he doesn't help you or doesn't find the right one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results