shape
carat
color
clarity

B&M Humor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slizatch

Rough_Rock
So I went to some B&Ms today in the mall (take it easy take it easy I know I''ll get a better deal online) I wanted to get a more tangible idea of what a 1.5 RB looked like or a 1.0 etc. I know all the tech. stuff but needed to see things. Anyway...I go into this place (to remain nameless) and a nice gentleman starts helping me I look at some stones tell him exactly what I want and am looking for. I borrow his loupe and check some things out. Well then his boss comes over a rather disagreeable lady who I wasn''t too happy to see. She takes over for him and starts showing me things. She says this is a really beautiful stone have a look. So I check it out and in all of 1.5 seconds I see a nice carbon inclusion just off center along with some feathers. So I said to her I can see carbon inclusions in this. She then tells me "no you can''t that''s a good stone there''s nothing in that" Check the tag and it''s an H color I3. Sorry not as funny now all typed out just knew that people on here would be the only ones who could appreciate it.

Used a loupe for the first time today. Can someone recomend a good one and where I might purchase my own.

Thanks.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It is a cute story. Hummmm. Nothing to see in an I3. LOLOL

You can order loupes from a variety of sites on the web. Or you can try a local coin shop. People that sell and collect coins and stamps use 10x loupes also. We go to coin shows a lot. We carry a pull/slide out 5x (square shaped) that has a big field of view for the quick once over. Then we go to the 10x for a closer look. Hubby bought ours so I don't know how much he spent or the brand for sure,..... Bausch and Lomb maybe????
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/9/2003 12:00:21 AM slizatch wrote:

She then tells me 'no you can [see inclusions since] that's a good stone there's nothing in that' Check the tag and it's an H color I3.
cry.gif

----------------

This is pretty funny proof you are not the average customer for that store: otherwise they'd be out of business by now. Here is (long-ish) related story
nono.gif

I am perhaps lucky to have one jeweler I trust (a decade-long connection made of a couple' dozen orders) and a few nice sources of gems I wish I could outgrow. However, it was not easy to build this connection, and it wasn't build on trust either. I really liked what this jeweler could do with gold (platinum is not something I care about) without outsourcing any step (engraving, setting, enameling, casting, or whatever) of the work. However, the first thing he offered instead of the blue sapphire cab I wanted was a blackish corundum blob with a 100% markup. However, three visits and a log chat about gem grading later, I got my bauble. The next time, I didn't even get to see the low quality stuff! I somewhat doubt such haggling would do much good in the Mall and too far from the Balkans' traditional commercial practice
2.gif
. However, mine is an American jeweler who relocated his shop in my home town (Bucharest). Hope this buying 'method' would work for someone else too...
1.gif

slizatch

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks for the great pics on my other post those were VERY helpful
1.gif
I really appreciate it that site you pointed me to is exactly what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results