shape
carat
color
clarity

Ay Yi Yi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

difg2bag

Rough_Rock
In need of advice.

I have a threshold of 20k, but would prefer to stay around 15k. Shopped online and have been to b&m''s. Seen most of the brand names and am very impressed with 8*.

One of the best priced diamonds I saw in person was a 2.11k SI2 E very good dimensions at 16.5K. It was a knockout compared to all but the 8*.

I have seen better prices on GOG, but there is something about seeing a live diamond that is reasuring. Not apposed to buying online, just a little scarry when involving so much $.

I have found the setting I love it that is going to run around 4k, so with the above diamond I am over me threshold.

I love the 8* but with a premium on a band and premium on the diamond I will not get a lot for my money.

Also I would like to stay above 1.5k diamond, would like the above band which is a SK Omega with diamonds in the ring.

The question is what would you do? Go for a big diamond, go for quality, buy a differnt ring. My girlfriend, stb finace, will love anything, but I want to wow her!

Any and all opinons would be appreciated.

Curtis

difg2bag

Rough_Rock
Just heard from my local 8* dealer and she has a VS2, J, 1.2K for 14.5K, going to look at it now.

My head is mush. I have read lost of threads been to to many websites, and this by far is the most impressive site for forums, thanks to all the profesional that post here!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
The question is what would you do? Go for a big diamond, go for quality, buy a differnt ring. My girlfriend, stb finace, will love anything, but I want to wow her!
----------------

Only you know what will wow her. At that price level, you can get quite a diamond, but there will always be a trade-off between size and quality. If she appreciates high quality in other things, she'll likely prefer a top-quality stone over the biggest you could get her. But if she's not that picky, she might want a big "rock" without being that concerned with the minutiae of it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have the setting made. $4k for a setting is ridiculous! Chances are you can have a branded setting such as the one you are describing replicated for around slightly over half that price. Our setting was $2k with .75c of small rounds in platinum around the entire band. The same thing branded at the stores was around $2800 for only .50c of small rounds.

I would also mention that if you are looking at top quality...stay away from a J stone. J's can be quite lovely but you have to really be sure its a clean, white J. With your budget you can get a gorgeous 1.75c E VS1 stone such as what Lugus got from SuperbCert for around $17.5k. It is super white, great clarity and an amazing stone and within your budget! Spend the extra $2.5k on a setting and you are done. Lugus--I hope you don't mind that I'm posting your picture YET AGAIN.
2.gif

You say you don't want to buy online but many dealers are very reputable and many have tools that give you a better virtual view of your diamond than it may look in person!
1.gif
Jonathan at GOG is amazing, as is SuperbCert.Com and of course WhiteFlash.Com both with their SuperIdeal lineup of stones. Even if you do not want to buy online, I would use some of the online prices as leverage for your B&M shopping. Don't overpay by $5k for that same stone. Shop smart.

Good luck!!

Lugus 1.73 EVS1 Diamond2.gif

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
You may not be able to get a custom ring made by a jeweler that is comparable to the SK omega design (I'm assuming that this is the Steven Kretchmeyer (sp) brand). I'm not sure if this is a fair price for a SK or not, but I do know that they are expensive, so the price doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't want a local store making a tension set ring as the may not know what they are doing.

You may want to check out Gelin and Abaci unless you are dead set on getting a Kretchmeyer ring. They make tension settings that I feel are comparable to Kretchmeyer, and are alot less expensive. You can buy them from a variety of sources online, the retailer I bought it from is www.mickeyroof.com.

I agree with Mara about the stone though, with a budget like that, I don't see any reason to go for a "J" colored stone. You should be able to find a good sized F or G stone that is within your budget.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results