shape
carat
color
clarity

Awesome Spinel from Dan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
"It''s a bit of an odd color that I would describe as a slightly grayish blue-purple in daylight that shifts to a more pinkish purple color under incandescent light. In direct sunlight, it shows a lot of dispersion around the edges, and I even captured a bit of that in the photo. The stone weighs 1.27 carats, measures 6.92mm (should work in a 7mm setting) and is eye clean with just one tiny needle in it that I could see under magnification."

That was Dan''s description of this spinel, but all I can say is WOW!!!!
30.gif
His photo does not do justice to this amazing stone....it sparkles like mad and the flashes of color are fab!

I''m trying my best to get a decent photo....

Lori

DANNEWSPINEL.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, lori! Just wondering- any estimate on how many stones you have now??
31.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LOL...icekid....I''d probably faint if I saw all of them together.....I''m trying to get them organized so I can take them out of their boxes and not freak out if I mix them up while taking photos.

There are lots of pre-PS ones that I bought off of eBay and I need to get them together. UGG....my DH moved a bunch of my boxes into our front bedroom, in no particular order, and I need to get them all out again. It will be like Christmas when I open them up.
9.gif

Lori

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
You must be buying them in bulk! Seriously! WOW another gorgeous stone!
30.gif
I want lots more pics!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone. I love the light purplish color, is it pretty true to life?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the color! Can''t wait to see more pics!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It will be interesting to see your photos and read about how they capture the color of the stone. TFS!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty spinel.

MissDayna

Shiny_Rock
It looks lovely, can''t wait to see pics!
1.gif

Dayna

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 10:02:34 PM
Author: D&T
Gorgeous stone. I love the light purplish color, is it pretty true to life?
Hi D&T!
35.gif

Actually, this stone has flashes of color around the edges and it goes from a medium purple to a pinkish purple. I tried to take some photos and couldn''t capture the colors accurately...I gave up since I didn''t want to blow it. The color flashes are all sorts of colors. I can''t wait to show you!

I''ve got to figure out a little light box and a tripod since my hands shake too much and my photos are blurry.
7.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 9:17:44 PM
Author: brandy_z28
30.gif
I want lots more pics!
LOL Brandy!

DH has given up on the new Camaro....it is too small for us. It doesn''t even have a spare tire! That means my gemstone budget is still intact for the time being.
27.gif

As I''ve mentioned in other threads, I''ve sold most of my diamond jewelry collection and am focusing on gemstones and unique pieces from now on. My OCD is under control, I think.....
23.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU for the nice compliments....I''m REALLY taken with this spinel....Dan was correct in that it is a very unusual color.

I''m working on the photos and will try sun shots tomorrow.

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''d better be busy photographing away lady!!!

I can''t wait to see your pics of this baby!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I love it, I think I am becoming a spinel junky!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:38:41 AM
Author: loriken214

Date: 5/20/2009 9:17:44 PM
Author: brandy_z28
30.gif
I want lots more pics!
LOL Brandy!

DH has given up on the new Camaro....it is too small for us. It doesn''t even have a spare tire! That means my gemstone budget is still intact for the time being.
27.gif

As I''ve mentioned in other threads, I''ve sold most of my diamond jewelry collection and am focusing on gemstones and unique pieces from now on. My OCD is under control, I think.....
23.gif

Lori
Oh man! Spare tire adds weight. More weight = slower. LOL I can understand. My last camaro is going to be paid off in 2 months. I''m trying to be rational and now that my kids are getting older and bigger I think I need something other than a camaro to drive but driving something "slow" is painful for me. I''m an instant gratification type of girl. That and I never have to worry about driving anyone other than ourselves, only seats 4. Kind of convenient in that aspect.
2.gif
I''m sure I''ll be investigating alternative vehicles soon enough. Charger maybe?
9.gif
Yeah for the gemstone budget! That means we all get a little enjoyment.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results