shape
carat
color
clarity

Awesome Customer Service!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so shocked and amazed that I had to post my story here!!! It seems like great customer service is very tough to find, so when something like this happens (and it''s not even that significant, really) it just blows my mind.

Background: several years ago I bought my mother the Swarovski Braveheart pin--the one that commemorated 9/11--and she loved it because she''s super patriotic. It''s a little sparkly heart-shaped tack pin with red, white, and blue crystals. The back fell off maybe a year after I gave it to her, and ever since then she''s had some other back from a different pin on it. The problem with that was that the back she''s using still allows the pin to come through, thus poking her unless she pins it to a scarf or thick lapel. Recently she asked me if I thought I could get a replacement back for her.

I figured I would end up just replacing the whole pin itself, but she insisted that it had sentimental value and she didn''t want a new one.
20.gif
I went to Swarovski''s website and used their customer service email to request info on how to go about obtaining a new back, but didn''t hear back from them for a week and a half. I had given up, since I thought that was a long shot anyway.

Today, I received an email from Swarovski''s customer service center in RI letting me know that they had shipped me TWO backs, at no charge! Are you kidding me????? What alternate universe am I living in where a company would go above and beyond like this? Ok, so it''s not THAT big a deal, but it''s little things like this that make me a happy customer and want to continue to purchase from a company.

Just wanted to share! Kudos, Swarovski!
36.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Good for them!
36.gif

I feel like companies may be trying a little harder these days to please and keep their customers since people are getting more careful of how and where they spend money. These kinds of things always make my day!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 11:56:46 AM
Author: oobiecoo
Good for them!
36.gif

I feel like companies may be trying a little harder these days to please and keep their customers since people are getting more careful of how and where they spend money. These kinds of things always make my day!
Exactly, Oobiecoo. I think the only way some companies can survive these days is to make sure they have an advantage over their competition in their customer service.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Ya gotta love good business!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How nice is that?!! Props to them for being so great about it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the reason I''m so astounded is that I figured my little email request would just get lost in the shuffle. They must really have their act together to be able to honor a request so insignificant as mine...or I''m just used to having to pull teeth to get any sort of service whatsoever from a company.
9.gif
I mean, they didn''t even ask me for proof of purchase, or anything really besides my name, address, and email address.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
That''s seriously awesome and unexpected.
36.gif

I had a similar experience with Bose a little while back; DH kept losing the tips for the earbuds I bought him. I called to ask how much it would cost to by a bunch, and they said that they''d had that complaint so much that they were re-designing them. They sent me two pairs of the old design as a stop-gap and two pairs of the new ones (all 3 sizes) when they came out!

35.gif
Good to ''see'' you again Monnie! How''ve you been?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 3:33:16 PM
Author: mercoledi
That''s seriously awesome and unexpected.
36.gif

I had a similar experience with Bose a little while back; DH kept losing the tips for the earbuds I bought him. I called to ask how much it would cost to by a bunch, and they said that they''d had that complaint so much that they were re-designing them. They sent me two pairs of the old design as a stop-gap and two pairs of the new ones (all 3 sizes) when they came out!

35.gif
Good to ''see'' you again Monnie! How''ve you been?
That''s really great that Bose sent you new earbuds, I guess sometimes you just get lucky! It''s good to see you too, mercoledi. I''ve been pretty good! Just working and trying to survive this crazy world...
9.gif
How are you?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Doin'' well, I finished my degree and am trying to find a job (just like the rest of the country). I went to Chicago for the first time this summer and thought of you. Just wanted to say hi!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 4:26:27 PM
Author: mercoledi
Doin'' well, I finished my degree and am trying to find a job (just like the rest of the country). I went to Chicago for the first time this summer and thought of you. Just wanted to say hi!
Congrats on your degree and good luck with the job search! You will have to visit Chicago around the winter holidays so you can wear your J.Crew coat (that was you who was discussing them this year, right?)!!! Thanks for saying hi, it''s always nice to get a little shout out!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Awh, great result.

Don''t forget to write and thank the company; ideally the rep that sent the replacements.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I had an experience like that once.

I moved and somehow lost a small rubber gasket off my bike pump, making it pretty useless. Since it wasn''t cheap, I searched online to try to find replacement parts, but no luck. I emailed the company to ask if I could purchase one, since it was obviously my fault that I lost it. No reply.

But about 1.5 weeks later, one arrived in the mail!

Company was Topeak, if anyone is shopping for bike pumps.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 7:45:09 PM
Author: Steel
Awh, great result.

Don't forget to write and thank the company; ideally the rep that sent the replacements.
Don't worry, Steel...I immediately responded to the rep's email and thanked him profusely!

Basil, that is fantastic!!!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
I love stories like this!!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is awesome - I''m with you, always impressed by really outstanding customer service - sounds like they really went out of their way to make it right for you (and your mom)
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good result!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 4:08:30 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
That is awesome - I''m with you, always impressed by really outstanding customer service - sounds like they really went out of their way to make it right for you (and your mom)
1.gif
You know, the crazy part is that I purchased this pin probably 5 or 6 years ago from a department store...and just now contacted Swarovski''s home office in search of this back. It''s not like I bought the pin recently or directly from a Swarovski store or anything, and I haven''t shown proof of purchase either. Hence the reason I thought it was highly unlikely that I would a.) get any feedback at all, or b.) have someone contact me and offer me not one but two new backs at no charge! It''s just crazy.

It''s been 7 days since I received the email from Swarovski and nothing has shown up in the mail, but I hope it''s just because they''re sending it via regular USPS.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: the backs came yesterday in the mail. They were in this padded envelope that had my address handwritten, and inside the envelope they were wrapped in a Post-it note. Yup, a Post-it note--not a tiny plastic Ziploc, not tissue paper...I thought it was hilarious and cute!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I love this story - and it just gets cuter!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 7:47:48 PM
Author: Steel
36.gif
I love this story - and it just gets cuter!
Ha ha, thanks Steel!

I randomly found a job listing for Swarovski stores in FL yesterday and I sent them my resume!!! How ironic would it be if I got some fabulous job working for them now?
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Monarch!

That''s such a nice story! Isn''t it sad how excited and happy we get from good customer service! I''m the same way. But nonetheless, glad they handled it so well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results