shape
carat
color
clarity

Avril Lavigne''s Wedding!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I read the same thing too (it was like last summer)... so we have three sizes, 2,3, and 5...I''m still going with 3...

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I love the rock n roll hairstyle and the Vera Wang dress. Kind of a strange but interesting look. I never would have pegged her as a ball gown person. I pictured her in something that wouldn''t get caught on a skateboard. :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 7:06:32 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 7/20/2006 6:07:52 PM

Author: bling*diva*

Date: 7/20/2006 6:05:10 PM

Author: mrssalvo

do you think it''s really 5 carats? I don''t think her hands are that big and the stone doesn''t look HUGE to me. maybe i''m just on here to much and my perception is skewed
40.gif

~~I think it looks like it''s about 3.5-4 carats max...unless her fingers/knuckles are a little wide...

I had read when she got engaged that it was in the 2ct range. She''s freaking tiny. Five carats is enormous and that does not look like three carats... Now the band does look like three however..
33.gif

i think 2 carats seems more like it...

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous wedding set!
30.gif
Good job bling*diva!!! I say the e-ring ct wt is in the mid to upper 2s... She is ridiculously tiny and there''s no way her fingers are even close to a size 6. 4.5 max... look at how tiny they look next to her hubby''s in the money shot! And he''s not exactly a big guy eiether. A big 2 would go a long way on fingers that small!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ok seriously that cake looks like it''s going to topple over!!! love her gown though....

but does anyone else thing she kinda looks like the corpse bride w/her makeup?!!! i dunnos... she''s a pretty gal but I don''t like that eye makeup!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm i think her fingers must be pretty tiny, she is tiny herself! i''d say she''s maybe a size 3 or 4 for fingers and that stone is maybe a 3c? or 4c? i don''t think it''s a 2c. i''''m thinking of how big kristy darling''s 3.5c solitaire looked on her size 3 finger...so if that was something like a 3c or 4c on a size 3 or 4 it would look pretty darn big!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 2:08:02 AM
Author: Mara
hmmm i think her fingers must be pretty tiny, she is tiny herself! i''d say she''s maybe a size 3 or 4 for fingers and that stone is maybe a 3c? or 4c? i don''t think it''s a 2c. i''''m thinking of how big kristy darling''s 3.5c solitaire looked on her size 3 finger...so if that was something like a 3c or 4c on a size 3 or 4 it would look pretty darn big!

i think you''re right. 5 carats just seems too big, but 3-4 could be right for a small hand..

i love it either way
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 6:12:03 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Avril looks really pretty but is anyone else kinda disappointed that she has abandoned her former anti-Britney persona and has fallen victim to the generic Hollywood blonde mass-produced Jessica Simpson/Paris Hilton bombshell boilerplate??? I can hardly tell her apart from Jessica! The hair is an exact replica. She used to be more original and unconventional and interesting...and now she''s just another interchangeable blonde waif. I mean, I understand how everyone wants to look classic and princesslike on their wedding day and I''m glad she did, but her *overall* new look is so generic and Hollywood-ish. Disappointing, I say.

That said, I agree that she''s beautiful when she smiles and should do it more often. She does need to put on about 10 pounds though.

I''m gonna have to ditto this. And her second Vera Wang gown, IMO is much more flattering for her firgure. Really didin''t like anything about the other once except the neckline-- and even that was, as someone said, very Jessica Simpson.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 6:55:54 PM
Author: Sparkster
Date: 7/19/2006 5:22:56 PM

Author: Starset

I agree - icky blonde hair.

She''s the poster child for teen female angst and unfair love and skatergirls and then she dyes her hair blonde and wears a Vera Wang with a long train? I don''t get it.

I think her looks are devastatingly more sultry with dark locks.

Well, I guess it''s called growing up. She''s 21 now, no longer a teen. Bit hard being a poster ''child'' for ''teen female angst'' when you are no longer one.

Awww, give her a break - she''s in LOOOOOOOOVVVEEEEE!!!!
30.gif

2.gif
J/K
(but she should dye her hair back the way it was, it won''t wash her out as much.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i really loved that second gown on her....much better than the actual wedding gown for me!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess i'm the only one that actually likes the first dress=P I like the dropped waist look a lot.
I'm surprised Avril's look was so mainstream. She looks so pretty! Gwenth Paltrow had that hair once I remembered.
Her ring doesn't look 5 cts. more like 3.5. She's pretty petite so there's no way she has huge hands.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Is it just me or does it look like she had veneers done recently - very Hillary Duff - big teeth. She almost looks like a Stepford wife to me.

I'm surprised at her very white/pink wedding. Anyone know how old she is? 21? She seems VERY young. It's pretty, but very a generic bridal choice - even the red reception - it feels like she hasn't really figured out who she is yet. The wedding really didn't show her or her new husband's personalities.

Scintillating...

No way is that ring 5 carats - publicists just send info like that out.
For her teenie tiny hand it's got to be 2.75 carats maybe a little more.
I'm a 4.5 and that's about how a 3 carat would look on me.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 5:22:56 PM
Author: Starset
I agree - icky blonde hair.
She''s the poster child for teen female angst and unfair love and skatergirls and then she dyes her hair blonde and wears a Vera Wang with a long train? I don''t get it.

I think her looks are devastatingly more sultry with dark locks.
Maybe she wanted to be cinderella for a day? I dunno - I doubt she''ll want to be the aforementioned posterchild for the rest of her life... she is growing up, getting married... she didn''t select a skull and crossbones wedding set, so I imagine there are more sides to her than how she''s been stereotyped. I read that she''s writing a lot of love songs. Maybe all of this (her wedding) is who she is not and not who she was 3-4 years ago.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I agree. She''s grown up a lot, and her look is changing...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
scint i TOTALLY thought the same thing yesterday about her TEETH! they look totally hillary duff veneerish!! i can''t imagine she would have needed that...i so am not a fan of that look actually, they always make the teeth look so pronounced and large and you can''t go back once you have had your teeth veneered. such a drastic measure for young girls!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With Hollywood girls'' teeth getting bigger and more horsey-looking (no offense to the horse-lovers), and their bodies getting more emaciated than ever, what''s going on with our definition of beauty??? Hilary Duff used to be sooo cute. Now I can''t tell her apart from any other starlet. Even Avril has succumbed. It''s the ''Jessica Simpson effect''....she seems to be the gold standard nowadays. She''s beautiful for sure, but it''d be nice to see more variety (and some natural God-given teeth once in awhile).

Personally, I think the most beautiful lady in Hollywood is Liv Tyler. A totally natural beauty!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 4:45:56 PM
Author: KristyDarling

Personally, I think the most beautiful lady in Hollywood is Liv Tyler. A totally natural beauty!

....maybe, but even she has had work done! I knew someone who went to school with Liv in Maine, before it was known that she was Tyler''s kid. She had some birthmarks on her face removed and maybe something else done in her teens after news of her father came out, and it was apparant she could have a go at a modeling/acting career given her pedigree.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, not Liv too!!!! Well, at least she doesn''t have freakish horse teeth or blonde extensions, and she weighs more than 95 lbs!
9.gif

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I want both dresses! Ok so I can''t have them both, I''m not rich. Even if I was I''m not sure I could bring myself to spend that much on two dresses. I am thinking about one dress though and neither of them are available yet, I didn''t even see the second dress on the runway. Does anyone know how long it takes for dresses to become available to the public. I''m not getting married until 12/29/07 (fiance''s brother is in Iraq until then) so I have time, but I like to get started way early.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results