shape
carat
color
clarity

average size/size expectations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

socalmatt

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure if there is any actual data on this, but I figured this was the place to ask. I recently proposed to my girlfriend (now fiance!), and with the help of PS, picked out a beautiful .761 carat RB diamond. When I bought it, I was feeling bad about how small it was....but since she has had it, she keeps getting comments about how big it is...not just that it is nice, but that it is a BIG stone. Now, I am from a rather ritzy area of orange county, california, and she is currently in the midwest, so that might be it, but I was surprised by the reactions she has gotten. Has anyone experienced something similar? I''m not sure what the average size is, does anyone know?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes size perception is very much a regional thing.

I know a community where a quarter carat (any cut clarity or color) is very impressive just because it is real.

I'm sure there are circles in which some women would be ashamed of anything under 5 carats.

It is all relative.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can really relate to the comments your gf has received. I live in LA, but I am from the midwest. Here in LA I sometimes get comments like, "your engagement ring is...cute." However, back in the midwest people often say, "WOW it''s large, he did great!" Size preference seems to be very dominated by region.

Hammurabi

Rough_Rock
Heh, i dont think there is an average size, its probably more a personal preference than anything else.

My E-ring is merely 0.3 carat, compare to yours, mine is teeny! but i am very happy with my ring and its more the promise behind it more than the ring itself. (then of course, i cant rule out the possiblilty in the future i will get more dimonds
11.gif
)

Its the promise, not the ring! (well, maybe some of the ring hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results