shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC or AV H&A opinions

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
I'm currently in the process with Jonathan on purchasing an AVC or a H&A round moissy. I just so confused on which one to get. Due to the poor Australian conversion rate unfortunately I can not get both as even one is almost if not more than many would spend on a real diamond engagement ring from a general store. We don't have great diamonds here. I had a beautiful BGD H&A 3.2ct G that I lost over a year ago and can not replace with what the insurance covered and current AUS rate. So Im longing to wear a beautiful ring and I wont buy crappy diamonds. Im wanting a diamond like ring to enjoy until such time I can repurchase . So this brings me to my delimmia I always have loved AVCs and infact wanted one for my rhr but the right one was never in stock when I was looking. However if I ever repurchase a diamond it will definitely be a round, but I dont know if I should enjoy something different for a while and if I never get to replace I just purchase round moissy

Would love thoughts. Im wanting the most diamond like presence, although will always tell if asked.

Sorry I included my life story hahaha

Finally here are the 2 moissys Im considering, both will be set in a simply platinum solitaire setting. Im a 8.25 finger size
AVC 10.22 x 10.21mm E, acutally Im now considering the H as I think a little warmer be better in this cut, but basically identical stone.
H&A 10mm

Thank you

Bluery

Rough_Rock
They’re both so pretty I can’t choose! I will say, I personally own an AVR lab diamond and am partial to the antique cuts with their chunky flashes, so I would say cushion. But truly, both are beautiful IMO and you can’t go wrong!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry about the loss of your e-ring and sorry that your insurance is not able to replace it :(

Regarding AV moissies, I have seen both, I also have an AV MRB and my sister had an AVC. To me the, MRB looks more diamond like and that’s the one I’d choose, but they are both pretty.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
@Bluery Thank you so much. The lab AVR are indeed very beautiful!

@SimoneDi Yes it's very disappointing I miss my diamond so much.
Thank you for your honest opinion.
Do you still have the round, if so any pics at all.
Also did your sister have a square or rectangle? Also did she repurchase another shape/brand or just decide against moissy.
Thanks again

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also did your sister have a square or rectangle? Also did she repurchase another shape/brand or just decide against moissy.
Thanks again
[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry again :( I had my original e-ring & wedding band stolen and didn’t even have insurance at the time. Later, I also had to replace a damaged diamond, so I understand how you feel and it’s really not a great feeling. I hope that eventually you will be able to get again an amazing diamond that you will love, but for now moissy is definitely a great alternative. AVs moissies are really beautiful. Jon and Vicky are also lovely to work with.

My sister had a rectangular AVC, she is really a CS girl and I ended up selling the stone on her behalf.

The AV MRB I honestly think looks pretty great. I took it to a jewelry store to try on some settings and the sales rep even referred to it as a diamond. Of course, the double refraction picks up and there are differences, but I don’t think that the average person can easily identify that it is a moissy vs a diamond.

Here are some pics next to my BGD I color diamond.

3553C593-46F8-43F0-934E-915EB9245E1F.jpeg
47610855-B86E-4CE5-A438-FB1889E6E159.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I’m so sorry about your diamond. It must have been heartbreaking to lose it and even more so that you can’t currently replace it. :(sad I can’t even imagine. It falls short but I truly hope you are able to replace it one day (unless, of course, you fall head over heels for moissy).

As for choosing your moissy, that’s a tough one. A big part of me wants to tell you to go with the AVC because you get to try something new and you may just fall in love with it. Plus you could wear it as a right hand ring (or an alternate e-ring) should you ever replace your diamond. Having said that, I’m not you. It’s obvious that you like rounds. Do you think you would love having any other shape? It may be moissy but it can still get expensive, as you know, so you should definitely get the one that makes your heart sing.

ELC88

Rough_Rock
Thanks again

I am so sorry again :( I had my original e-ring & wedding band stolen and didn’t even have insurance at the time. Later, I also had to replace a damaged diamond, so I understand how you feel and it’s really not a great feeling. I hope that eventually you will be able to get again an amazing diamond that you will love, but for now moissy is definitely a great alternative. AVs moissies are really beautiful. Jon and Vicky are also lovely to work with.

My sister had a rectangular AVC, she is really a CS girl and I ended up selling the stone on her behalf.

The AV MRB I honestly think looks pretty great. I took it to a jewelry store to try on some settings and the sales rep even referred to it as a diamond. Of course, the double refraction picks up and there are differences, but I don’t think that the average person can easily identify that it is a moissy vs a diamond.

Here are some pics next to my BGD I color diamond.

3553C593-46F8-43F0-934E-915EB9245E1F.jpeg
47610855-B86E-4CE5-A438-FB1889E6E159.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

@SimoneDi love both of your stones! i'm waiting on a BGD myself, but my boyfriend is getting me the AV MRB until a diamond with his specs comes up in inventory. May I ask what color your moissanite is?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi love both of your stones! i'm waiting on a BGD myself, but my boyfriend is getting me the AV MRB until a diamond with his specs comes up in inventory. May I ask what color your moissanite is?

Ah wonderful! The AV moissies are beautiful. The one I have is F/G and very diamond like. What color is the BGD stone you plan to purchase? And what size?

ELC88

Rough_Rock
Ah wonderful! The AV moissies are beautiful. The one I have is F/G and very diamond like. What color is the BGD stone you plan to purchase? And what size?

He's looking at just under 2 CT. 1.8-1.9 HIJ range. From the videos, I saw that the near colorless moissanite graduates to more of a grayish color, so I'm wondering if that would look off in a 3 stone ring.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's looking at just under 2 CT. 1.8-1.9 HIJ range. From the videos, I saw that the near colorless moissanite graduates to more of a grayish color, so I'm wondering if that would look off in a 3 stone ring.

Sounds great, excited for you! I have been a BGD customer for a long time. My current 3 stone is all with I colors, the center stone is 2.1ct. I think that some of the new moissies can show up grey-ish (based on other reviewes that I have seen, not my own experience), mine was purchased last August and there is definitely no grey tone to it. Are you looking for a moissy in the 2ct range?

Last edited:

ELC88

Rough_Rock
Sounds great, excited for you! I have been a BGD customer for a long time. My current 3 stone is all with I colors, the center stone is 2.1ct. I think that some of the new moissies show up grey-ish, mine I purchased last August and there is definitely no grey tone to it. Are you looking for a moissy in the 2ct range?

Yup! Looking at the 8mm. I know it's just temporary, but I'm really excited to own ones these stones!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! Looking at the 8mm. I know it's just temporary, but I'm really excited to own ones these stones!
That’s a great size for sure and the AV/DG stones are beautiful and extremely close in performance to super-ideal diamonds imo. I think that you will be very happy in the meantime and even afterwards! Make sure to also check LT, DB for moissies if that might help your diamond budget. I also hope that you will share the final product once done. Have you picked a setting yet?

ELC88

Rough_Rock
That’s a great size for sure and the AV/DG stones are beautiful and extremely close in performance to super-ideal diamonds imo. I think that you will be very happy in the meantime and even afterwards! Make sure to also check LT, DB for moissies if that might help your diamond budget. I also hope that you will share the final product once done. Have you picked a setting yet?

We haven't picked a setting yet. But I'm very much leaning towards a setting with pear sides. I love the BGD one and The True Gem has one that looks practically the same that I like as well.

We went down the rabbit hole of looking at lab grown diamonds last night on the DG website... that may be an option now haha

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We haven't picked a setting yet. But I'm very much leaning towards a setting with pear sides. I love the BGD one and The True Gem has one that looks practically the same that I like as well.

We went down the rabbit hole of looking at lab grown diamonds last night on the DG website... that may be an option now haha

Between BGD and True Gem, I would 100% recommend BGD. Their craftsmanship is beautiful.

And regarding lab-grown diamonds, those can be a great choice as well. I am not sure how their value will change over the years, but honestly same can happen with mined diamonds, especially considering the current economic conditions.

ELC88

Rough_Rock
@SimoneDi I'm pretty set on getting the DG moissanite set into the BGD grace 3 stone ring with pear sides. Do you think it will visually be OK with the diamond pear sides?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi I'm pretty set on getting the DG moissanite set into the BGD grace 3 stone ring with pear sides. Do you think it will visually be OK with the diamond pear sides?
What size will the DG moissy be?

ELC88

Rough_Rock
Leaning towards 7.5mm. My ring size is 3.75

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results