shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC Halo Ring by Jonathan Weingarten

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
I have recently designed and received my new ring by Jonathan Weingarten. It is a 1.83 lab grown AVC G VS1 (1.11 ratio, 7.49x6.75) in a 3D halo ring setting with petite split shank and diamond bridge, all earth created E-F VS1 stones, in platinum by Jonathan’s master bench, and WOW! Jonathan outdid himself, this ring is stunning! He nailed everything, the center stone shines and is accented by the halo without being overwhelmed and is completely seamless. The setting is delicate, but still shows every perfect, individual diamond. The prongs blend in so well and disappear in the design. Even my husband can’t stop admiring this beautiful ring. He is a stickler for quality and pretty scrupulous, so I’m very impressed. Jonathan is a true artist and a very kind human from what I can tell throughout our interactions, which were all by e-mail. He truly wants his customers to be satisfied and happy with the results. He even took pictures and videos of the stone in different lighting to make sure I was happy with it. I was very particular about the kind of ring I wanted and was really adamant on getting certain design details exactly how I envisioned them. Jonathan truly had the patience of a saint throughout the design process. I changed things about the ring design countless times over 6 months, and did two different wax models to make sure the finished product would be exactly what I desired. Jonathan altered the design in CAD each time and gave his advice without complaint. I chose to use his master bench and I can say without hesitation that it was the right decision. The craftsmanship on this ring is unmatched, the stones are perfectly set and are not scratchy, and I even got some “in process” photos that were really cool to see! What review would be complete without an action shot!?! I am definitely not a photographer, but I did my best. These are all in natural light with no editing. You can’t stop the sparkle of this ring even in black and white!
81E6AFFB-7AA6-400B-AC61-AE6CE6FA0CBC.jpeg 392EA431-EE84-4FE5-ADA1-08A823450531.jpeg 67051899-818E-4AA6-B031-42BBAE6F43B1.jpeg 6E741147-7B35-47DF-AB4D-F413A5680798.jpeg 6012A29C-1717-4B84-BBCD-9BED5244FDA4.jpeg BD6F079E-61E6-440D-8A59-977E29F68ED3.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, and the ring looks beautiful on you - Congratulations!

im glad you came here to show the finished pictures and your review of Distinctive Gem, as there’s not much to be found on their setting work here. Thank you!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
its a beautiful ring! i am glad you had such an enjoyable design process.

i love the two sided halo around your august vintage cushion. the pinpoint sparkle contrasts so spectacularly with the large generous facets of you avc. it looks superb on your hand

6 months is a significant amount of time to design a ring. but i think well worth it, at such a stellar happy outcome. may you wear it in the best of health and joyous sparkly delight!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a very successful project and a beautiful ring. It looks so lovely on you. The black and white shots are great!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness but that’s worth the wait. What a beautiful ring. Wear into health and happiness

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
6 months is a really long time, I agree! It’s wasn’t my initial plan, but I guess I wasn’t in any rush either. I figured “good things take time.” I can be quite fickle, so I decided it was better to wait til it was just what I wanted, instead of making a costly mistake.
its a beautiful ring! i am glad you had such an enjoyable design process.

i love the two sided halo around your august vintage cushion. the pinpoint sparkle contrasts so spectacularly with the large generous facets of you avc. it looks superb on your hand

6 months is a significant amount of time to design a ring. but i think well worth it, at such a stellar happy outcome. may you wear it in the best of health and joyous sparkly delight!

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
Agreed, it was hard to find much about distinctive gem, I probably should have mentioned the company name in the post LOL
Gorgeous stone, and the ring looks beautiful on you - Congratulations!

im glad you came here to show the finished pictures and your review of Distinctive Gem, as there’s not much to be found on their setting work here. Thank you!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I love your diamond! And the contrast of the halo against the chunky AVC facets is one of my favorite ways to set an AVC!

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I haven’t decided yet, but I have talked to Jonathan about it and he said he can make a perfect match to it. I kind of prefer the feeling of one band and I wouldn’t want to solder them together, so I may just keep it like this. I have many diamond bands so I will do a trial run, although I already did, and they look so terrible next to those high quality tiny diamonds my current wedding band is G color and SI, but next to these E-F VS1, it looks like trash LOL
Oh I didn’t know they had started doing lab grown AVCs! I hope they also do them in warmer colors too.

Your ring is stunning! Are you having a band made to match?

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
Yes, mine too! I used to have a round brilliant in a cushion halo, but I switched because I love the chunky facets.

I love your diamond! And the contrast of the halo against the chunky AVC facets is one of my favorite ways to set an AVC!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! The diamond is deliciously chunky & that setting is exquisite! Will you pair it with a band?

It looks gorgeous on you - congratulations!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9D6E2EC1-F4D5-4527-BB59-9B4BFCE5070B.gif

I freaking love this ring! I saw @Rhino share a video of it somewhere (Instagram? Facebook?) and I was completely smitten. It’s stunning!! I love how feminine and delicate it looks. I love how the small split shank is really only noticeable from the side. I love the tiny diamonds on that little arch. So, basically, I love everything about it.

:kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::love::love::kiss2::love::kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING. :love:
I love this ring.
It looks amazbling on you.
Romantic and ethereal. So beautiful, elegant and feminine.
Wear in good health and blingy joy!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is beautiful! I really think every last detail on the setting is perfect. And it looks lovely on your hand! Thank you for coming here and sharing - I love to see an AVC.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Congratulations!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!!!!!
( Can you have admins move it to lab grown section pls?)

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular!!!!!!
( Can you have admins move it to lab grown section pls?)

Sorry OP for the thread jack!

I understand that this is a Pricescope rule, that only mined diamond rings are allowed in the SMTB. I don’t understand what the reason is behind it and I especially don’t understand why anybody (besides the admins) would police this rule? I’m just curious (and have no bad intent) why you would call it out?

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's beautiful!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Vicki and I thank you so much for the kind words @Coversquirrell. And yes ... time is of no consequence when you want to ensure it is the design *for you*. More than anything we are happy that YOU are happy! We are so thrilled with the craftsmanship of our new master bench and have been sending most of our jobs to him now as the quality of the finish is off the charts. Enjoy my friend and we look forward to helping with more projects!

Warm regards,
Jonathan & Vicki

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@Coversquirrell, your ring is exquisite and well worth the wait! Thank you for the detailed review of the workmanship, because I too am having a ring created by Rhino's Master bench as we speak! A little nervous because this is the first time I'm having a setting created with diamonds (have always been a solitaire type myself). Your pictures and your post show the amazing design skills and craftmanship of the Distinctive Gems team. Wear it in good health!

@Rhino, I would love to see a gallery of completed projects such as this on your website Jonathan, seeing completed pieces is so much better than trying to visualize a ring from a computer generated render!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

Coversquirrell

Rough_Rock
You will love your ring when you get it! I can’t wait to see pics of it :) I have never been a solitaire girl myself, but I did play around with the idea of just doing a solitaire because they are so easy to wear, and some diamond bands are very scratchy. This one is not. It’s very comfortable and most of the time, I don’t even “feel” it. A few times, I have had to check it was still on my finger LOL

@Coversquirrell, your ring is exquisite and well worth the wait! Thank you for the detailed review of the workmanship, because I too am having a ring created by Rhino's Master bench as we speak! A little nervous because this is the first time I'm having a setting created with diamonds (have always been a solitaire type myself). Your pictures and your post show the amazing design skills and craftmanship of the Distinctive Gems team. Wear it in good health!

@Rhino, I would love to see a gallery of completed projects such as this on your website Jonathan, seeing completed pieces is so much better than trying to visualize a ring from a computer generated render!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
This is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!

sparklythings12

Rough_Rock
This is perfection, thank you for sharing!! I am awaiting my own AVR (lab grown) in a custom halo setting from Distinctive Gems right now myself - this is flawless and I cannot wait to see how my own turns out!! Congrats on the perfect ring!!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing. I love it! Please share lots more photos! Congrats ❤️

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I love AVCs and am very interested in the LG stones!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results