shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC 1.50 ct S/T light brown in rose gold bezel bracelet

LGK

Ideal_Rock
OK so a few months ago I was a bad, bad girl :devil: and acquired that lovely S/T light brown 1.5 carat VS1 August Vintage Cushion GOG had. I had been wanting a top brown for awhile- I'd owned and eventually sold a lovely OEC that was ungraded, but probably M or N colored, a gorgeous mix of brown, pink and grey. So when this stone popped up on GOG's inventory I eventually caved and got it.

It is not quite as cool colored as the OEC I had, and it has more color in general, which I wanted- this stone is more of a warm peach colored most of the time. While it is only called "light brown" with no modifiers on the GIA report, it's definitely got some pink in it, at least to my eye- it shows in most lighting, actually. It's a soft peachy, sort of flesh color most times. I *love* the color! I would absolutely say that some top browns are incredibly beautiful colors, and a total steal.

I finally got it set by BGD. Their millgrain bezel bracelet is a great price. It's not totally ideal- but for the price I'm happy for sure. It does leave the whole pavilion of the stone exposed, so it sits right on your skin, which gets it grubby fairly quick. Luckily the AVC cut is lovely enough that it still looks great even a smidge dirty... also wrist skin doesn't grubbify it as much as, say, a finger would. Also, the bracelet is probably intended for slightly smaller stones; it flips upside-down constantly. However the pavilion-side-up view is surprisingly pretty. The cushion cut with the four huge mains just looks neat upside down and they return these huge mirror flashes of light like that, so it's not unattractive upside down; more interesting looking than a RB would be.

Also, oddly enough, the rose gold washes out the color some. It needs some white stones for contrast, badly- or at very least some white metal. When you set it next to white diamonds in platinum, it totally pops and looks very pink with the RG bezel, but by itself it just kind of blends. Which surprised me- I assumed the RG would be enough to bring out the pinkish hues.

The very cool thing about the extremely fine RG chain is that the diamond appears to almost float on the wrist, which is a truly cool look. It doesn't play well with anything else, no bracelets or watches. It's a very minimalistic look, which is not my usual style, but the millgrain bezel is a nice antiquey touch (along with the cut of the diamond) and that kind of ties it in with the rest of my jewelry.

Oh, and the bracelet is absolutely not possible for one person to put on. You have to have someone else attach it, so once it's on... it's on. (Plus DH hates fiddly clasps and can barely do them up anyway, haha.)

I got the bracelet quite small in hopes that it wouldn't turn under my wrist- which was a very good call, it still does sometimes but if I'd gotten it any bigger it would be really annoying.

In terms of comparing the AVC with an actual antique cut- I was pleasantly surprised that the OECs I own actually are well cut enough that they hold their own against the modern, light-return-optimized AVC. You really can't see much difference in performance, between the AVC and the OEC I own that is the exact same face-up size (1.22 carats, both are a smidge less than 7mm). The AVC has more of a mix of facet sizes- huge and smallish- while the OEC is more of a uniformly large facet look. But both cuts are just firecrackers, no visible edge to the AVC to my eye.

Anyway, I took some pics, but I realize I totally failed to take any comparison shots showing it right next to white diamonds in white metal. Oops! That would have been helpful. (The e-ring I'm wearing is an M color btw.)

avcbracelet1.jpg

avcbracelet2.jpg

avcbracelet4.jpg

avcbracelet8.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
more.

avcbracelet10.jpg

avcbracelet11.jpg

avcbracelet14.jpg

avcbracelet12.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
more

avcbracelet16.jpg

avcbracelet17.jpg

avcbracelet15.jpg

avcbracelet18.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is absolutely stunning! :appl: :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeeaahh!! I've been eagerly waiting for these pics!! :appl: I LOVE it, and I totally adore the colour against the rose gold. It's beautiful, enjoy!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
more yet

avcbracelet19.jpg

avcbraclet21.jpg

avcbracelet23.jpg

avcbracelet24.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
and the last few :tongue:

avcbracelet27.jpg

avcbracelet28.jpg

*whines* eeeeeeeee it's so gorgeous I waaaaaaaaant itttttt! :love: :love: :love:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know what to say. It is pretty much my ideal color in close to my ideal size and looks dang good on your wrist :love: . But it feels weird seeing it in a bracelet since I have imagined that type of stone so many times, but never found one, and always seen in in a beautiful white diamond halo on my hand. But white stones are stunning too, just have to keep repeating that to myself :twirl: .

For contrast you could later add a couple of small white OECs. That would look amazing. Okay starting to feel better about the whole you having my dream on a bracelet :wink2:.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wow ......... that is simply stunning!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful LGK! I love the color of the stone and the rose gold! If you ever get tire of it in a chain bracelet, it would look awesome
set in a thin bangle. That stone is to die for amazing. There is not a single thing that I don't love about it. Great choice.
Congratulations and it looks fabulous on you!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the bracelet with your e-ring!!!!!!! Yummy!!!!

stci

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet is adorable! Will it spinning? Yessssss it will... this is why I really don't want this type of bracelet. And the tatoo... :bigsmile:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning stone!! Love the way you set it! Sooooo pretty!!! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
AAAck that is just sooo pretty, that stone and color go hand in hand. You probably got the diamond before prices went up too. Very very pretty I love it!! LGK when you say it was a steal can you give a price range without naming the price if the diamond? You've got me very intrigued!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, so lovely! :love: Looks amazing on your wrist!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Squeeeeeee! Awesome! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I adore the stone and the bezel!!! but agree with you that the RG is not ideal for the stone. Can you have it re-set in WG or is it a done deal?

Congrats on some serious BLING :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Bracelet!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lord, yeeeoow! It's stunning! :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
oh my.

i love this stone!

the bracelet is totally gorgeous..... :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the color of the stone, the cut, and the rose gold. It's too bad it doesn't look quite as nice in rose gold as it would in white, but rose gold is a favorite of mine and I think it's fabulous! And I agree, it looks so pretty upside down as well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks fabulous, congrats!! :love:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That is GORGEOUS!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, how did I not see this thread before??

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That lil' guy looks right at home in that lovely delicate bezel.. :sun: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone! :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just lovely, and how decadent to have a bracelet stone so large!

The spinning would drive me batty. I think if I ever went for a bracelet I would get a bangle style that was oval to avoid that and keep the stone from flipping too.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty bracelet. The spinning wouldn't bother me in the least. From either side the stone is beautiful, just a different look that we aren't used to, but none the less, lovely!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Drool. :love:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Natascha, :lol: too funny. I'll take good care of it for you, promise! I did think about putting it into a ring, but I already have a RHR that I wear every day, plus I didn't want to spend much on the setting.

Luv2sparkle, I bet it would be fabulous in a bangle. Maybe someday!

Sandycheeks, I don't mind sharing the cost, it was $6500 with the wire discount. Definitely paid a premium for the AVC cut but it was worth it IMO. (And actually, this is the first/only brand new stone I've ever purchased, actually.) I think the 2.64 ct I1 yellow green brown AVC on GOG right now is the only AVC (that I recall) that's cheaper per ct than this one was. I actually wouldn't have minded a lower clarity in this stone to make it cheaper, but I didn't think another top brown AVC would show up again anytime soon...

Akmiss, I will leave it with the RG bezel- I like how it looks in it- but eventually I might add some white gold bezeled white stones, possibly the two OECs I've never set that are ~.50 cts each. That would be enough to make it pop I think. It just needs some white near it for contrast, y'know? The bezel does enhance the color nicely it just needs something to contrast with.

Dreamer, haha, yes it's kind of ridiculously OTT for a bracelet but subtle just isn't my style... lucky I like the unusual/lower colors, otherwise I would totally never end up with a stone this size in a bracelet. A bangle would be beautiful and much safer too... and unfortunately WAY pricier; this bracelet was $250, which was why it was my first choice! :bigsmile:

Porridge, DandiAndi, Bean, Lula, mowtownmama, stci, Cachette, AdiS, missydebby, Sarahbear621, rosetta, baby nurse, Skippy123, vespergirl, Yssie, diamondseeker2006, swimgirl, Imdanny- thank you all! I love having you guys to show off my sparkly stuff to, nobody I know IRL is into jewelry at all. :tongue:

ETA: I'm such a dork! Lord. I looked at the GIA report again tonight- obviously I hadn't in a while- and I realize I'd actually gotten the color wrong :oops: how silly is that? It's actually a U/V color! Whoops, don't mind me...

The measurements are 6.81x6.68, if anyone is curious, with a 67% depth.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results