shape
carat
color
clarity

AV Elyque Setting Opinion....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FWIW to my reading Rhino is offering to fix the prongs; he did not state that he would be remaking the ring...

OP, prior to any work commencing, to be sure you both are on the same page, I suggest in your forthcoming private emails with Rhino you clarify with him what exactly he is proposing to do and how he expects it will address your issues with the ring.

There is only 1 way I know of to move prongs towards the outskirts and that's a remake which I made clear in my pm's to Sunny. Since it is Sunday and everyone is off (except me :rodent:) I'll be forwarding the images to the CAD team tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Rhino

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s a really great offer from Jonathan to remake the ring. I would take your time on the finer details so that this time you get a result you are over the moon with. You said earlier you have only worn the ring twice, it may be an idea to get it out and really have a good look to see if there are aspects other than too much metal that are also not working for you.

L

lydial

I personally love the ring as-is. I love the contrast between the sparkle of the stones and the hint of rose gold. It is more interesting than a lot of halo rings out there! I certainly hope OP loves her new rendition and is at peace after this. @Rhino is certainly showing his professionalism here. Maybe some other future Elyque lover can get this setting for themselves???

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
That’s a really great offer from Jonathan to remake the ring. I would take your time on the finer details so that this time you get a result you are over the moon with. You said earlier you have only worn the ring twice, it may be an idea to get it out and really have a good look to see if there are aspects other than too much metal that are also not working for you.

Yes, it is a great offer from him. I’m definitely taking my time and really looking at each detail. Thank you for the suggestion of getting a really good look at the ring, I sure will. I’ll keep you posted, thanks again

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I personally love the ring as-is. I love the contrast between the sparkle of the stones and the hint of rose gold. It is more interesting than a lot of halo rings out there! I certainly hope OP loves her new rendition and is at peace after this. @Rhino is certainly showing his professionalism here. Maybe some other future Elyque lover can get this setting for themselves???
Yes!... perhaps @Rhino will have another client that will fall in love with the mounting and it will be a win-win all the way around. While it wasn’t what OP was envisioning, it most certainly is very beautiful and unique in a special way!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yes!... perhaps @Rhino will have another client that will fall in love with the mounting and it will be a win-win all the way around. While it wasn’t what OP was envisioning, it most certainly is very beautiful and unique in a special way!

My wife's and I first reaction was a jaw drop as well.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
It is absolutely gorgeous. I love it!:kiss2:

First off, thank you to Jonathan at AV for remaking my ring. He worked really hard to get this one perfect. You can see by the video posted above.

Jonathan started with the render from the 1st ring and dove right in...
We looked at trying to get a 2ct Elyque so that the new ring would look exactly like the picture on his Website, but that size was out of my price range, and believe me, we tried everything, he was being sooo patient with me.
So, he started to make these changes;
First was changing the whole ring color from RG to WG.
Then the prongs between all the smaller diamonds needed to be spaced more.
Then he had the Elyque in the middle lowered in the girdle to be more flush with halo.
Then he widened the shank.
Something was still a little off, so I then asked if we could do bigger diamonds on the halo around the Elyque and the shank, OMG, what a difference. This change reduced the number of diamonds in the halo and covered the WG/RG areas that was an issue and so visible in first ring.
This was the perfect change that was needed, I was looking at the ring I requested in the beginning. To me it’s still hard to look at the Render and be 100% it will look like the picture and what I wanted. His Renders were perfect, but there was one last request, change the color of the WG back to RG, yes I was taking a risk, but I felt good about the risk.
When Jonathan got the ring back from being made and sent me pictures, I was nervous, the ring only looked slightly different than the first ring. I changed my mind and wanted to now do a solitaire because I was cursed by the halo, Jonathan said, “You haven’t seen how beautiful this is“ He was absolutely right, I needed to see it in person.
He had his very nice wife, Vicki send me my ring.
When I received the package, I was nervous at first to open, I had my husband open the package and look at the new ring first, and by his reaction, I knew that it was better, but when I saw it in person and tried it on, it was perfect! You definitely can see how perfect from his video above.
So, I want to thank Jonathan from AV, his wife Vicki, but especially all you PSers that helped make this ring perfect.
I’m not an easy person to work with, I’m always changing my mind, daily, or even hourly, but Jonathan, being the professional he is, stayed calm and cool and answered all my changes, questions and concerns.
This was a terrific ending!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You sold it or decided to keep and love it or something else?
I am confused -
But whichever it is, you sound happy?
I’m glad for you. :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
You sold it or decided to keep and love it or something else?
I am confused -
But whichever it is, you sound happy?
I’m glad for you. :)

@Rhino was amazing and remade her ring with the changes she needed to get it looking like she envisaged originally. :bigsmile: What a spectacular job it looks like he's done, not only in terms of the actual ring but the customer service as well!

I'm really really really looking forward to many hands shots and videos - I hope they are coming this way! :pray:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video looks like a remake! It’s gorgeous! Hope you are able to love it!

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Knocked it out of the park!!! Gorgeous ring!! Congrats and enjoy.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that's a shame. :cry: Why put Jonathan through the remake if you sell it straight away? I'm very confused too now. I hope whatever you get next you're happy but... this situation makes me sad somehow. However! I believe someone bought it - I'm sure it will bring them obscene amounts of joy because it's the most stunning halo oval I've ever seen.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's no longer for sale, according to the post in pre-loved...

It turned out beautifully! Enjoy it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's no longer for sale, according to the post in pre-loved...

It turned out beautifully! Enjoy it!

Yes it is just beautiful! :love:

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
So... how is it that you are selling a rose gold version if he took it back and re made it in white gold?

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
So... how is it that you are selling a rose gold version if he took it back and re made it in white gold?

Yes, the 2d time around is still in RG and I am selling it. just too much history.
it’s listed on LT

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
Ohh! This video makes it look like white gold and you mentioned you were gonna change it. Didn’t realize it was still rose

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results