shape
carat
color
clarity

Autore South Sea Pearls?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone heard of or purchased from Autore (retailer of SS pearls in AU)?

I’ve also been looking at Willie Creek pearls. Would love feedback as to quality if anyone familiar with them.

Price wise both are less expensive than Paspaley which appears by reputation at least to be the Rolls Royce of SS pearls, but just curious how other Aussie brands compare.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@Pinkmartini87 I am aware of the brand - they are higher end. I have never seen an Autore store though and just checking their website it seems that their physical presence is through boutique stockists.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Autore is a respected brand , higher end , sold in Jewellery stores .

Quality of their work is high .

You should be able to get the detailed information on the pearls used in the design you like if you ask .

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just another quick note -
You always need to look at why prices are lower or higher . Some findings are Vermeil this obviously will impact greatly on the price. When a brand sells in jewellery stores they often need to provide a greater price range .

It all comes down to what you want - if it’s Gem quality then my suggestion is to buy loose pearls and get exactly what you want.

If it’s more fashion than perfection then preset works. ( obviously this is generalised)

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@CMN @katbran So, I am thinking of purchasing a pair of Autore earrings from a secondhand private seller. The design is older and not on their current website. The earrings come with a certificate but I noticed the date and shine categories are blank? (I whited out the photo of the earrings and the authentication number for privacy purposes on behalf of seller). Is that normal?

B38DEA70-2318-4382-88B0-67911F469C79.jpeg

I’ve included a sample below from the Autore website (all fields are filled in):

9CDF60CF-33F8-471B-84DC-75D85A4FFA13.jpeg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm….I don’t think it is normal. Seems like the person who filled out the card was a bit lax. Does their website clearly describe the ‘grades’ that they use for the omission to be meangingful. There is no standard in pearl grading. Alternatively, I see that there is an Autore identification number. You could ask the seller to try and email Autore for further information but I’m not sure how successful that is likely to be.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm….I don’t think it is normal. Seems like the person who filled out the card was a bit lax. Does their website clearly describe the ‘grades’ that they use for the omission to be meangingful. There is no standard in pearl grading. Alternatively, I see that there is an Autore identification number. You could ask the seller to try and email Autore for further information but I’m not sure how successful that is likely to be.

Thank you! If this was an honest mistake by the Autore grader I do feel bad for the seller since he/she did not get a fully filled out certificate to go with his/her original purchase.

I may personally pass given the incomplete description supplied at this time by the certificate. Although I can see this being as a great bargain for someone less OCD than myself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results