shape
carat
color
clarity

Authoritative, Not Conservative: The fine line between Bad@ss and Boss Lady

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Ah, work. Some of us have had a meandering rather than direct route to business success. As an independent non-employee-type, authenticity rather than automaton-like perfection is what gets me chosen for contracts. So I want to be a bit stylish, to be memorable, but also pulled-together, to fit in with my team. On top of that, I’m older than most of my colleagues and can’t afford to come across as old.

The classic diamond or pearl studs just don’t express the path I’m on, but I need *something* for my ears! Something polished, but not modern. Classy, but not haughty. Interesting, but not busy. Feminine, but not girly. Not dangly. Not too small. Not too big. Genuine stones. Not ‘designer’ or easily recognized. My projects are international, so the earrings can’t be so expensive they put me at risk. Finally, if I were to lose one earring, I’d have to remain stoic in the moment and cry later - and then make the remaining one into a pendant (which I hope never happens).

Here’s the newest addition to my work wardrobe! Vintage 14k white gold crescent moon earrings, with 20 graduated single cut diamonds and button pearls. Asymmetrical and reminiscent of Jessica McCormack, so... hoping they look slightly Bad@ss with a charcoal silk suit and winged eyeliner.
C72B7CBA-67A1-4180-ABC4-D3664BB19D57.jpeg

Boxed:
7A8F419A-4B77-4278-BE0F-B235E4197AA2.jpeg
Obligatory ear shot:
D3842C9C-C4D2-4E9F-81C2-79338531D6B2.jpeg

I love the azures, despite their irregularities:
396ECC36-1382-4E32-9AE4-7A128CE38CB3.jpeg

The button pearls aren’t bad quality at all:
2768D00D-A4B0-42FB-A078-28CBF28DBCD6.jpeg

The single cuts have the odd white inclusion but remain utterly free of carbon even at 60x magnification:
895230C3-EDDA-435E-B52A-6DACD61F3F56.jpeg

Fluorescence of varying degrees
0F05EAED-E5CB-4C39-A8FE-F8C6A94A4BDF.jpeg

Here’s a quick video!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very nice! I'd love to see a distance ear shot.

cheers--Sharon

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @JPie that means a lot because I admire your style!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great buy! Cool yet chic.

cheers--Sharon

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I like those! It makes me feel like I should start wearing my stuff again... It does look more put together than the no jewelry, hair tied in a bun I have been doing.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Such a great find!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls with a little bit of edge to them. They’re beautiful and look great on you!!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
a little bit of edge to them

That’s it! The exact idea, yet I couldn’t phrase it as well as you just did!

Thanks, friends! I had sworn off pearls, thinking they were too ladylike, but these changed my mind. I suppose they could be changed out for black pearls... or any cabochon, really... but those crescent moons are just the ticket.

Of course, my librarian friend calls them Quotations.
I suppose that’s better than calling them Colons?
:lol-2: :lol: :dance:

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
The earrings look great on your ear...... :D Pretty!!

dreamscape

Rough_Rock
Those are stunning! I am a Jessica McCormack fan but I actually much prefer these to hers. The curves of the diamond crescents take the sophistication of the pearls and make them edgy and fashionable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Elegant and sophisticated. Looks amazing on you too.:love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
They are really pretty, stylish, and look beautiful on you! Those contracts are yours :D8-):dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classy and look fantastic on you.

Q

Queenie60

Classic, elegant and very sassy!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous, definitely fits your requirements of modern, but not too moderns or haughty! I would call them very refined!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!
Well, the Crysmela backs arrived and..... are too loose. I guess the posts are thinner than regular earrings. I'll try a different brand of locking backs but if they don't work either, I'll have to consider having the posts replaced. If I do that, maybe La Pousette is the answer.
Sigh.
What we won't do for love (er... bling)!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results