shape
carat
color
clarity

Australians, how have you sent your stones overseas?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Hi fellow Aussies, doing some custom resets with David Klass (yay!) - how is it best to send the stones/existing pieces these days?

Thanks!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on the value, if under 5k or even 10k then Aus Post. Although with Aus Post I think they only cover up to 5k for insurance.

I'm having DK make a setting for me and then I'm having it set locally as I didn't want to send my stone over.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to ship a ring with a value of around $4000AUD a few years ago, and AusPost wouldn't send anything over $2000AUD (that may have changed since). I ended up using DHL and they were fabulous. Anything under $2000AUD I've always used AusPost and never had any issues. Once item around the $500AUD mark was lost, and claiming the money back was pretty easy.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have access to jewelers mutual insurance in AU? Because they insure your stuff while it’s being shipped to your jeweler so it might open up options for you if you don’t need postal insurance (which frankly I don’t trust to pay out of there is a loss anyway).

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have access to jewelers mutual insurance in AU? Because they insure your stuff while it’s being shipped to your jeweler so it might open up options for you if you don’t need postal insurance (which frankly I don’t trust to pay out of there is a loss anyway).

Nope we don't - but a friend headed over to LA unexpectedly so I put the studs in her handbag

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Nope we don't - but a friend headed over to LA unexpectedly so I put the studs in her handbag

Oh that's so lucky!!! Haha how long is she staying? She could bring back your reset too hehehe

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that's so lucky!!! Haha how long is she staying? She could bring back your reset too hehehe

Only a week - but I suspect her sister can bring back the reset when she comes to visit

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results